Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done the big 3 upgrades to my rappy, and my friends banshee is still faster then my rappy(maybe I'm just a fat pig, but I'd rather not think that :), so its time to Beef up the top end, Bang for Buck, who makes the best top end kit to get me some good horsepower, i especially want to hear from people who have those kits on their quads, and their afterthoughts if it was really worth it, and plus reliability issues, if any.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I like the Trinity based bigbore. I offer the same cylinder with more compression options and pistons built to our specs

Mike
Sand Demons Motorsports
530 832 1065

·
Registered
511 Posts
JMHO- Go with a 12.2:1 JE piston (stock bore), stage 3 cam, port and polish,oversize valves and a ron woods exhaust.

produces about 60hp at the wheels, 59.7 on mine. Cheaper than the big bore kit. With room to grow afterwards!!
JMO

Capt.

ps. this is dyno'd and works well.

·
Registered
305 Posts
captnkllm said:
JMHO- Go with a 12.2:1 JE piston (stock bore), stage 3 cam, port and polish,oversize valves and a ron woods exhaust.

produces about 60hp at the wheels, 59.7 on mine. Cheaper than the big bore kit. With room to grow afterwards!!
JMO

Capt.

Well you got some nice number there for what you have. May i ask who did you port and polish along with valve job? How long did it take?

·
Registered
511 Posts
integlikewhoa said:
captnkllm said:

JMO

Capt.

Well you got some nice number there for what you have. May i ask who did you port and polish along with valve job? How long did it take?
Pure Evil in las vegas did it all. took about 3 weeks total. 1 week of work and 2 weeks to get to it. Really great guys. They also have a shop in St George Utah, thats where he did the polishing (his sons shop).

thanks

Capt.

·
Registered
305 Posts
sparky yfz said:
I like the Trinity based bigbore. I offer the same cylinder with more compression options and pistons built to our specs

Mike
Sand Demons Motorsports
530 832 1065
Trinity has cylinders in stock ready to go, so that means no down time. Thats their big advantage. What they do is nothing special. Im not even sure they do it there. I could buy the piston and send out the cylinder to have it machined to fit the piston and coated for much cheaper then trinitys kit. But no machine shop has some cylinders in stock. The pistons trinity uses are JE 105.5mm or +3.5mm that can be bought for 130.00-150.00 easy in a few different places or even ebay. They also include a head gasket 20-30 bucks and the only other thing is a good used cylinder machined 3.5mm overbore. Its bored, honed and coated. Any cylinder or machine shop can do this. Normal price are anywhere from 200-300 on the high side. So I figure even if your on the high side of everything you should spend no more then 500 including tax or shipping. (machine shop is labor no tax) Trinity is probley going to charge tax or shipping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
captnkllm said:
integlikewhoa said:
captnkllm said:

JMO

Capt.

Pure Evil in las vegas did it all. took about 3 weeks total. 1 week of work and 2 weeks to get to it. Really great guys. They also have a shop in St George Utah, thats where he did the polishing (his sons shop).

thanks

Capt.

so shipped to your door what was the total cost?

·
Registered
511 Posts
LHCRAPTOR said:
captnkllm said:
integlikewhoa said:
captnkllm said:

JMO

Capt.

thanks

Capt.

so shipped to your door what was the total cost?

Call Tom @ 702 646-2953 he can figure it all out for ya. G/L very helpfull guy..

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
can you run 93 gas with that 12.5 to 1? I want to put in the JE in but still run pump gas or a mix. I know you can do this with the 11 to 1 JE.

·
Registered
511 Posts
ORdunner said:
can you run 93 gas with that 12.5 to 1? I want to put in the JE in but still run pump gas or a mix. I know you can do this with the 11 to 1 JE.

havnt tried but i will find out tomorrow for ya nd let ya know.

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
captnkllm,
Did that shop do the work for you or did you do most of the wrenching? I'm not the most tech savy guy so I would like to have someone do the work from start to finish for me, its just worth the extra cost for me. Plus their shop is only 3hr from me.

But I thought Trinity had a shop in socal, anyone know where?

·
Registered
135 Posts
i dont understand how a banshee beats you. mabe a short race but topped out or midrange you should beat him. ???

·
Registered
16 Posts
socalrappy700 said:
captnkllm,
Did that shop do the work for you or did you do most of the wrenching? I'm not the most tech savy guy so I would like to have someone do the work from start to finish for me, its just worth the extra cost for me. Plus their shop is only 3hr from me.

But I thought Trinity had a shop in socal, anyone know where?
Trinity's shop is off the 91 FWY I think it is Fullerton/Anaheim.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
I would do the std bore high compression piston, porting, cam, remap route. Save the big bore for later on iff need be, better to save the heavy artillary for heavy artillary. 55-60rwhp on a 400lb quad is no laughing matter to 95% of the "other" quads out there....I know personally ;)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I had work done by Trinity a long time ago.... :mad: It only lasted three trips and I needed a rebuild from another company. My advice is, send it to Vegas or Sand Demons Motorsports or Rocket Factory or Kenz Cycle Tech. Good luck!! let us know what you get and what the results are :thumbsup:

·
Registered
511 Posts
socalrappy700 said:
captnkllm,
Did that shop do the work for you or did you do most of the wrenching? I'm not the most tech savy guy
so I would like to have someone do the work from start to finish for me, its just worth the extra cost for me. Plus their shop is only 3hr from me.

I had them do it all. I dont trust myself lol.
VelociRaptor said:
I would do the std bore high compression piston, porting, cam, remap route. Save the big bore for later on iff need be, better to save the heavy artillary for heavy artillary. 55-60rwhp on a 400lb quad is no laughing matter to 95% of the "other" quads out there....I know personally ;)
true true.. not much at dumont keeps up with mine its very fast.. those race banshees are the 1's th2t beat me most tne time.

Capt.

·
Registered
511 Posts
ORdunner said:
he said you can try and see if it pings but he would recomend race. if it does ping at 93 oct add octane booster to the 93

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.