Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a high HP build going it should have 80+ hp it's on stock swinger and is a trail bike in the hills of Ky Ohio Indiana South Carolina Tennessee and some flat whooped out Florida trails. I'm gonna need a clutch that holds up to high HP not to heavy to pull and I'm able to slip once in awhile. Any info would be great.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
I just bought a DP clutch set with a GYTR basket and preasure plate and it's going to have a D&D lock up (On it's way also!) on it for the drag build. On my trail bike I'm running a D&D lock up with Barrnett basket, Hinson preasure plate and EPD clutch set with 3 stock springs and 3 heavy springs.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would you recommend for new build? Is there a lock out that fits behind stock cover?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More money lol I need a pull that ain't to stiff but not to weak also I need a little feel.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I buy a complete lock out kit for 450-500 will
I need to buy clutch fibers steels basket and pressure plate or is it all included?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The sling shot will be fine, Pats got one if he can pull it anybody can!:D
Does kit come with everything? Basket pressure plate fibers steels and where to buy?

·
6,925 Posts
If I buy a complete lock out kit for 450-500 will
I need to buy clutch fibers steels basket and pressure plate or is it all included?
If your talking about a D&D no all it comes with is the Cover, Lockout and Hardware. The Slingshot replaces the preasure plate and you have to mill down the inner clutch hub. Your clutch set should be ok as long as you haven't burnt it up since I put it together last summer, it was new then!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i'm running a gigot slingshot with ron woods springs in my 78 horse raptor. no complaints. i was told the pull was going to be stiff with these springs, but it's not all that stiff in my opinion.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If your talking about a D&D no all it comes with is the Cover, Lockout and Hardware. The Slingshot replaces the preasure plate and you have to mill down the inner clutch hub. Your clutch set should be ok as long as you haven't burnt it up since I put it together last summer, it was new then!
I run a Slingshot on a 70hp build it feels great, almost like OEM. im parting my bike if your looking for a slingshot lock out clutch pm me..

Woods you say you have to mill the inner clutch hub...hmmm.. im not sure what your talking about but, mine just replaces the oem pressure plate. Mine was just a true bolt on and, fits under the cover..very8)

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My clutch ain't slipped one bit. But it's just oem with DL's kit and springs didn't know if it'll hold up to 80hp or not one way to find out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm sure dl700 will advice you...what he says will be good to go

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
6,925 Posts
I run a Slingshot on a 70hp build it feels great, almost like OEM. im parting my bike if your looking for a slingshot lock out clutch pm me..

Woods you say you have to mill the inner clutch hub...hmmm.. im not sure what your talking about but, mine just replaces the oem pressure plate. Mine was just a true bolt on and, fits under the cover..very8)
Maybe it was a older version or something but Pat (Spartan727) bought one used and the instructions it came with said we had to mill (I don't remember exactly how much but I think it was about .125) the inner clutch hub down for it to work, I stuck it together just to see and the plates were loose in it and there wasn't enough height on the teeth of the inner hub to put another plate in to take up the difference so it deffinetly had to be milled

·
Registered
316 Posts
Maybe it was a older version or something but Pat (Spartan727) bought one used and the instructions it came with said we had to mill (I don't remember exactly how much but I think it was about .125) the inner clutch hub down for it to work, I stuck it together just to see and the plates were loose in it and there wasn't enough height on the teeth of the inner hub to put another plate in to take up the difference so it deffinetly had to be milled
Ya i think he had a few redesigns now that you say that,,, interesting,, i can see now why the slingshot is not the prefered lockout.

Are you still running the stock basket and inner hub?

i am running a stock hub,,,it was a straight bold on app for me...

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Direct drive.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm running a direct drive with KG clutch kit and the KG springs. It slips and feels like a stock clutch, is holding 90+hp with lots of torque. I've been extremely happy with it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts