Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for the best dirt tires there is out there i do mostly trail riding some gravel and gravel pits, ditches and im just looking for some all around good tires some buddies of mine got like a cheap ass holeshot tire and at first they loved them but now they said they would never get them again. thats why i waited. i want some thing that has good bite and has some give and is forgiving and last for awhile! Thanks

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
im looking for the best dirt tires there is out there i do mostly trail riding some gravel and gravel pits, ditches and im just looking for some all around good tires some buddies of mine got like a cheap ass holeshot tire and at first they loved them but now they said they would never get them again. thats why i waited. i want some thing that has good bite and has some give and is forgiving and last for awhile! Thanks
itp gncc, they don't call 'em that for nothin:D

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well then dont get the ones I use....................:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love my Maxxis Sur Tracs for trail and gravel rocky stuff
These tires look awesome! I have a set of ITP spider tracs (discontinued) that have an almost identical pattern, they were 22x12.5x10. Very wide tire and it would rub on my exhaust even with the axle adjusted as wide as possible.

The spider tracs were the best trail tires I owned. The extra clearance on the swingarm definitely helped with ruts. The Maxxis look like they would be similar, and quite a bit lighter.

Woods, what size are you running?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
i have 20x11x9 itp mudlites and they are a monster on the trails. on muddy trails they clean out amaziningly well and on dry trails they bite like a mofo. i wish i woulda went bigger though. 22x11x9 mudlites would unstopable! but if your more into gncc type stuff what "686cc" said would be great for you.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I like the maxxis razor myself never had an issue with them slipping out on packed dirt by mistake

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just run cheap sadona slingshots. They have worked fine for me and the tread wear has been great. I do a lot of rocky trail riding too

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I really like the cut of the kenda kutters xc and might be going that route for my next tires.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
I like the maxxis razor myself never had an issue with them slipping out on packed dirt by mistake
+1....I couldn't be happier with Maxxis. I love my tires. In your case I would go with a 6 ply though rather than a 4

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm with Frenchie on this one with the Kutters, Klaws or Knarly.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
These tires look awesome! I have a set of ITP spider tracs (discontinued) that have an almost identical pattern, they were 22x12.5x10. Very wide tire and it would rub on my exhaust even with the axle adjusted as wide as possible.

The spider tracs were the best trail tires I owned. The extra clearance on the swingarm definitely helped with ruts. The Maxxis look like they would be similar, and quite a bit lighter.

Woods, what size are you running?
Mine are 22x11-10

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
The best tire for soft dirt and snow are the kenda bear claws i got the 22x12-9 and they were great in the snow. A good cheaper 6 ply tire are the kenda klaws for the medium and harder trails. motosport has them for like 63 bucks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
FL how do sure tracs do on the dirt and the loose stuff? When I had them out in the snow I never got stuck and it was like 5-6 inches and I went to my cousins trx450 and he had the klaws and I got stuck twice. I know I'll mostly use them for riding in jersey were you get the loose sand and then it goes to the hard sand. So it should be a good all around tire.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have, drives fine, good for going over large logs and rocks with the front and still does not feel more tipsy than stock. I would go with 22in fronts instead though. Have gone to 22in rears and 23in fronts this week though, more clearance.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
while we are at it, has anybody ridden a bike with 20-11-9 in the rear and 23-7-10 in the front??
I was told rule of thumb is to keep 1/2 " difference from front to back for the best geometry. If you do 20" rear and 23" front that's an 1 1/2" of difference from front to back way too much imo. Why would you want to do that any way just curious?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts