Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New to this forum.....been reading a while but haven't posted anything. "Fasterraptor" is my sons name on this forum ( 12 years old ). He has 06 Raptor, LTEs', GYT-R intake, PCIII, and 15 tooth front. He drag races and rides trails. In causal drags, he's never lost...against anything. Yesterday a friend brought over a bone stock 700, stock rear tires. Chris could only win by a length or so ( 250 '). The strip was slightly muddy and traction was the issue. He is currently running Holeshot XCRs. I thought this to be the best all around tire but seems when its slightly muddy, he has problems. I know part of the issue is horsepower to weight....he weighs 120 pounds. My question.....is there a better all around tire in the 20" size that is light in weight that may do a better job than the XCRs? Thanks for any suggestions?
06 Raptor, Sons
04 V-force, Mine
94 Banshee, Mine and Sons
All with a few mods.........Fastatv

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I'd suggest a set of 22" Ohtsu pro wedges or Maxxis 4 snows if the dirt track is just getting a little wet. Look into skat trak's desert trak and terrain trak tires if it's actual mud and more than an inch deep. I'm guessing it's probably not deep mud, so one of those two may be what you want.

If you're looking for a good trail tire with better mud hookup than oem or the XCR check into a kenda knarly. Stick with 4 ply rears if you're going to keep the tires on the track to keep the weight down.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You could look at ITP hd's which give about the best hookup in the wet I have ever seen....but they are heavy. OR you could look at the ITP GNCC tires, in a 21 inch rear. They are very light weight....suppose to be an awesome tire....never seen them in mud before though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts