Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know exactly what exhaust system you recomend to buy, I was looking on the threads but I didnt find anything concrete about theme soo Im not clear about HMF or yoshimura and another one you recomend?

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
:horse:

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Its all personal preferance. I have the HMF ballance red carbon fiber, I like it alot. It's one of the better single exhausts since it produces more of a lower end power and i still have a quite core I can put in if i need to. The yoshi is nice if you get the titamium one since its super lite, Im not sure how the power is. For the duals the DMC force 4 is a nice one since it has pipes on both sides and it still comes with a sparky. I know there alot of guys that will say barkers. So just look around and do your research and you'll be happy with what ever you get. For me i do trail riding so i wanted some thing with a sparky and lower power since most of the time i'm not hitting the higher rpms.

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Unless you wanna burn up your motor. your gonna make it to lean so you gotta get a computer if you have injection and jets if you have carbs.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
for my wolverine I got the fmf one and it came with a bunch of jets, new needle and every thing you needed to get them to work.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I wouldn't see why not all they are is brass jets and a needle so they should all be the same. It's recomended to do a better intake system. For my 700 I have the pro design billet adaptor and a k&n filter and a foam filter.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The kit from Vito's includes finger adjustable fuel screws...Adjusting the stock screws require a special tool or you have to pull the carbs of for every adjustment...At least that was my experience.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Yeah thats why I'm happy with my injection since i can plug my computer in and do with a click of a button. My wolverine was always a pain in the ass to do the carbs and making sure its tuned right. The one good thing about the carbs is that it starts up as soon as you hit the starter where the raptor will take a lil bit to get the motor started.

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
If you change flow through the engine by modifying the exhaust or intake, you need to rejet. You can buy individual jets from the dealer for around $5 apiece, or you can get a jet kit that contains the most likely sizes that you would need.

If you leave your airbox stock and intact, you'll need something like 150L/155R main jets with stock needles. If you modify the airbox (remove or hole the lid) you'll need something like 160L/165R mains with aftermarket needles. Regardless, we recommend changing the pilot jets from 22.5 stock to 25's - they have always been too lean.

Every bike is different, and you may need to experiment and tweak a bit by changing the jets and then riding, then changing again once you've determined how the engine is running.

Most here like the Vitos jet kit - it comes with all the mains you'll need, aftermarket needles and 25 pilots. PLUS, it comes with extended fuel screws, so you can tweak idle mixture without having to remove the carbs from the bike. It's slightly higher cost is way offset by the convenience of having everything you need plus the extended fuel screws.

As SegKast suggested above, search the forum for jetting questions and you'll find thousands of references - including several stickies (at the top of each section) describing how to jet, what jets are suggest depending on mods, etc.

Good luck and feel free to keep asking questions - we'll either give you answers or help push you in the right direction.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i bought a k&n air filter and a vittos jet kit know i had not decided what to buy if a yoshi rs3 or a hmf exhaust so if you can help me?

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
ok i bought a k&n air filter and a vittos jet kit know i had not decided what to buy if a yoshi rs3 or a hmf exhaust so if you can help me?
You're not going to notice any significant difference in performance, they're both good - buy the one you like best - looks, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts