Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 raptor 660 with a stock exhaust with the baffle out of it. I'm now thinking of buying a new exhaust. i only have about 700$ available right now and i would like to put some of that into other parts so im trying to keep the price down. I wanna know what kind of exhaust you guys think is the nest for power and sound. And if it is well worth the extra cash to buy the full system not just the slip on...but im low on cash. lol Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Whatever you get, do a full system - no slip on.

If you have money left after that (you should), get a good intake and the jets for your carbs. Personally, I'd also grab a 12t front sprocket (like $8-15).

After that I'd look into either a new cam, an axle, or some used shocks to replace those shitty fronts our bikes come with.

KB there could probably hook you up with a lot of that... Good people. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have a hmf fulol exhaust that is cut down short and painted high temp flat black that i will sell you for 175 shipped.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the HMF full exhaust and let me tell you, if you dont wanna piss your neighbors off than this is not the exhaust for you because it is loud. But do not waste your time with a slip on, just go all out and get a full system, im sure someone on the forum is selling one, thats how i got mine!! oh look up, that guys selling one lol

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I have the HMF full exhaust and let me tell you, if you dont wanna piss your neighbors off than this is not the exhaust for you because it is loud. But do not waste your time with a slip on, just go all out and get a full system, im sure someone on the forum is selling one, thats how i got mine!! oh look up, that guys selling one lol

lol

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
look for a good used sparks...most used systems nothing is wrong with them as long as there is no damage you may need to however repack the muffler but any muffler you will have to do this so...if you can get a used system for 350 400 then get a jet kit...gyt-r is good about 65 new...then K&N with adapter and outerwear about 125 new maybe cheper on ebay....now you may have enough left for the girzzly 660 mudbuster cam...135 off ebay..personaly if needing to choose between the K&N kit and the grizzly mudbuster cam go witht he cam you will make more power then with the filter kit
also the mudbuster cam for teh 660 grizzly is a bolt in cam and requires no special mods or springs for the raptor 660

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, thanks for all the help guys. Does anyone know what jets i have to change and what numbers i need for the HMF full exhaust? And if i get the right jets for the pipe, do i need to change if i put the K&N filter in?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Try 2 find a curtis sparks!!! I love mine!!!:):):)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Curtis Sparks big core X6 is hands down the best single exhaust you can buy. $700 will get the pipe, jet kit and a pro flo kit and thats all you need!

·
Registered
6 Posts
exhaust

I bought a 04 -660R and got the GYT slip on with a Dyna-Jet jet kit and it worked awesome. Almost everyone commented on the throaty but not annoying sound, and it went like stink.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would say the curtis sparks x-6 if you can aford it or if your looking for a good sound, decent hp increase i'de say any slip on dg exhaust

·
Registered
19 Posts
mine came with a sparks exhaust
I really don't know what else is done but it's fast
the old lady I got it from didn't know that much about it but the bike looks like new
she said she used to just have a glass of wine and ride it around the pits :D
How do I tell what's been done to it?

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
WhiteBrothers is the best! I have a $900 dollar pipe on mine!!:wow: LOVE IT:eek:
Very load and amazing. I think you gain like 5-6HP:D
White Bros made a few exhausts for the 660 all of which are mid range pipes good for recreational riders but well behind the best singles. More like $500-600 for MSRP on a full exhaust. White Bros was bought out by Vance and Hines a few years ago which ended their off road exhaust business.

mine came with a sparks exhaust
I really don't know what else is done but it's fast
the old lady I got it from didn't know that much about it but the bike looks like new
she said she used to just have a glass of wine and ride it around the pits :D
How do I tell what's been done to it?
Sparks is a great exhaust, still the best single available. Engine wise you'd need to take it apart, not suggested if it runs well. As for bolt on parts just take a look at pictures of stock machines or the diagrams in the factory manual and compare to your machine to see whats different.

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Single exhaust, as in one tail pipe. The two exhaust ports go into a collector and exit out one canister.

As opposed to dual exhaust or "duals" where each exhaust port exits out it's own tail pipe for a total of two canisters.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey how do you like those paddles?
the lady gave me a set of wheels with paddles on them, they look new
the place I ride has lots of sand washes and some dunes but there's lots of rocks too
will the rocks mess up the paddles?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts