Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put a intake spacer on my 700 because I ride trails and want to keep the lid I will be putting vents in the though I want to keep the foam filter what is my best bet I am currently running a gytr filter and would like to be abel to use it on the new spacer

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
You really don’t need the lid. The box, sure, but the lid is not necessary unless you are literally submerging the bike in water over seat. Im not exactly sure what you‘re asking here, maybe you can clarify? It sounds like you’re concerned that your oem filter won’t be compatible with the spacer you’re going to buy. Not sure what to say about that except try it out. If that fails, UNI makes a host of 2 stage foam filters in various sizes and bends. one of those are sure to fit.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You really don’t need the lid. The box, sure, but the lid is not necessary unless you are literally submerging the bike in water over seat. Im not exactly sure what you‘re asking here, maybe you can clarify? It sounds like you’re concerned that your oem filter won’t be compatible with the spacer you’re going to buy. Not sure what to say about that except try it out. If that fails, UNI makes a host of 2 stage foam filters in various sizes and bends. one of those are sure to fit.
I'm just trying to figure out which is the best intake spacer for a foam filter were I can use my current filter which is a gytr.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Best way to find out is to take off the filter and measure the inlet.
Sorry, I don’t know what the gytr filter looks like though or how it attaches.
I do have a billet 3” spacer/adapter for sale though if you’re interested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best way to find out is to take off the filter and measure the inlet.
Sorry, I don’t know what the gytr filter looks like though or how it attaches.
I do have a billet 3” spacer/adapter for sale though if you’re interested.
What brand is it and is it a foam filter

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Cuervo shows 3hp and 3trq at the wheels, just by removing the airbox lid, no PCV required.
I removed my lid and could definately tell the difference, with the lid on it feels like it's breathing through a straw.
Remove the lid and use a filter-skin on whatever filter you choose.
I trail ride too, and unless you submerge it, not much is getting to the airbox with the seat on...except more air.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
If you're dead set on a vented airbox lid, I'll sell you this one I bought(before I found out you could remove the lid without a PCV).
It's a new oem lid, I cut to fit the screen, and the filterscreen and bracket, new and never assembled.
$60+shipping to anyone interested.
It beats those small round filters, with more filtered space in one big opening.

20200928_214517.jpg

20200928_222603.jpg

·
Registered
462 Posts
Let the seat be your air box lid. That airbox lid restricts power. Take it off. I ride trails only and cross creeks and don't have problems with no lid. As long as you are not crossing deep water you will be fine with no lid. If you are crossing deep water you need a different quad for that type of riding.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
What brand is it and is it a foam filter
Idk the brand, I got it with a quad I bought but I put an FCI on instead. It is the billet adapter you will use when replacing the OEM intake. No filter, just the adaptor. I do also have a new enormous K&N filter that will fit it though if you’re interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts