Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fixing to get a 07 raptor SE and I was wondering what the best handlebars with the stock stem? How did you mount it? I looked into the Tag T2 but the mount that comes with it wont mount on the stock stem. You have to buy some kind of clamps or something. Suggestions.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,062 Posts
The T2 bars are oversize bars, 1 1/8". The mounts that come with them are designed to mount to the stock stem.

If you're staying 7/8" I'd suggest, in this order:

FMF Factory 909
Pro Taper SE
TAG X5

There are a number of big bars out there. I've only used the Pro tapers, but I've been very pleased with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
I dont know if there is a "best" when handlebars are such a personal preference. I LOVE my protaper SE raptor bend bars,and many others do too, but maybe you would hate them!?
You have to make that choice for yourself :thumbsup:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,062 Posts
There are two very big parts of buying handle bars, each as important as the other.

First is the type of bar. The brand, model, diameter, etc.

The second is the Bend. Not all bars offer the same bends and a bend by one name is not always the same from one brand to the next. For instance, a CR-HI bend will be slightly different depending on what manufacturer is making the bars.

It's only when you get these two things working in harmony do you find the bars that you can truly consider the "best", because as Boom said up until that point it's all a matter of personal preference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aight cool thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
I'd ride the machine a while before you decide on the bend. You may want something different for some reason. I'm a taller rider so I wanted taller, wider with a flatter sweep. For me it was a matter of not smaking my knees and easier reach in stand up mode....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
I love my Pro Taper SE's 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
Just to add another brand, I love my Fasst Co. Flexx bars. For me they eleminate the need for a antivibe stem and got ride of arm pump. Not to mention they look bad a$$.

Jay
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,062 Posts
desdak4 said:
Just to add another brand, I love my Fasst Co. Flexx bars. For me they eleminate the need for a antivibe stem and got ride of arm pump. Not to mention they look bad a$$.

Jay
Good thing you put the dollar signs at the end of your post, since they'll cost between 2 and 5 times as much as other good bars on the market. You can buy 8 or 10 sets of bars from the bargain basement of RMATV or eBay for that price. I know they're nice, but its a lot of cash. It's like saying hipers are great, we should all get them. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
They are no more than a guy with regular fat bars and an anti vibe stem. I have riden with a stem and then with just these and feel they actually take out more of the hit. I have them because of very bad wrists.

I don't like hypers, I have seen them break.

Jay
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,062 Posts
Yes you're getting similar vibration reduction. But the flex bars won't make the stock stem stronger or more able to survive impact and stress. I'm not saying they're not great, I'm just saying that potential buyers should ask themselves, " are these bars better enough and necessary enough to warrant the price premium?" For me they aren't, for others they are a bargain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
Maddog56 said:
Yes you're getting similar vibration reduction. But the flex bars won't make the stock stem stronger or more able to survive impact and stress. I'm not saying they're not great, I'm just saying that potential buyers should ask themselves, " are these bars better enough and necessary enough to warrant the price premium?" For me they aren't, for others they are a bargain.
I agree. They look great and feel great. But for the money? Not in my opinion. Id rather have some taper se's and have a nice wad of cash left over for other things. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
I am not out to argue or anything. I guess it is all in what a guy prefers. I would rather replace a stock stem than an aftermarket one and bars, which is usually the case. I always liked regular fat bars until I rode on these and will never go back.

Jay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Im running Pro Taper SE ATV High Bends and love them. If a company offered to send me a set of bars for free to try out, I would not put them on. Thats how pleased I am with my setup. They scrape the plastic a bit, but thats a rather moot point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
965 Posts
Im sorry if Im hijacking this thread, but I dont think we need 2 threads about handlebars.

What do you guys think is the strongest bars out there for a reasonable price? I need to install my handguards and cant do it with the stock bars (unless I take it to a machine shop to be drilled out)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
i am in the market for some new bars as well. im still a noob when i comes to atv accessories, so bare with me. i am a big guy. 6'2'' 240 pounds. id like to have the bars more comforable while standing rather than sitting. iv heard alot of good things about pro taper se bars. just from looking at them on the net, they dont look like they sit very high... and id like to keep it under $150 if at all possible.

the last questions i have are about mounting. do you have to take off the factory plastic peice with the key and the 3 indicator lights on it?? if so, where do you put the key and lights. do all aftermarket bars need a new mounting clamps? if not, id like to get bars that do not need them. im shooting mostly for budget here. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,359 Posts
Shift_This said:
i am in the market for some new bars as well. im still a noob when i comes to atv accessories, so bare with me. i am a big guy. 6'2'' 240 pounds. id like to have the bars more comforable while standing rather than sitting. iv heard alot of good things about pro taper se bars. just from looking at them on the net, they dont look like they sit very high... and id like to keep it under $150 if at all possible.

the last questions i have are about mounting. do you have to take off the factory plastic peice with the key and the 3 indicator lights on it?? if so, where do you put the key and lights. do all aftermarket bars need a new mounting clamps? if not, id like to get bars that do not need them. im shooting mostly for budget here. thanks
I'm 6'4" and 220, and I put PRO-TAPER SE(mid bend) on mine. If you stick with 7/8(stock size bars) you don't need new clamps. I put a riser kit on mine($19.99 Part#191-640 Rocky Mountain atv) that lets you raise it from 20mm to 35mm(so your new bars don't hit the tank) I also rotate mine 2" forward, because of my long arms, works great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
thanks for the info. where did you get your bars? if not online, where is a good place to find them online? what can i expect to pay?

edit: just found some on that rocky mtn site. $58.99. is that pretty reasonable?
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top