Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 raptor. i have a dmc alien duel exhuast on it and need to jet it badly. my pilot is to lean. any one now any good and cheap jet kit i can buy. and also what size jets is every one with this pipe using? anything will help. thanks

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Check the jetting threads (stickied) for sizes people are using on different setups. There's no real hard/fast 'if you have XXXX setup, run XXXX for jets' rule, but that will give you an idea of the ballpark you'll want to start in. Again, there's no perfect catch-all answer, you'll likely need to do some fine-tuning no matter what you end up with.

Most any jet kit is essentially the same, differences being simply what all is included and/or brand of jets used. Generally you'll end up with either Mikuni or DynoJet for brands. Either is a good choice, they simply label the sizes differently.

Personally, the best 'kit' price IMO as far as bang-for-your-buck is from Vito's Performance. It's about $50 and should include everything (and more) you'll need unless you're HIGHLY modified.

Another option is www/jetsrus.com, you can order specific jets through them if you don't have anywhere local where you can buy them. That said- your local Yami, Suzuki,Polaris shops should all have jets in stock. Honda uses a different style, so they won't be much help. I recommend bringing in a pilot and main jet if you're not too familiar for comparison as the stealership parts counter guy isn't always the most informed person either :lol: Generally mains are around $3-5, Pilots closer to $7.

If you're looking to bump your pilot size (good move) you're looking for 25's. But again, look into that Vito's setup- I think it even comes with aftermarket (longer) needles if I remember correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts