Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a 660 for few years, loved the freakin thing. Had many mods on the 660 and for the better part of 2006, no 700 could take me on. But then when people started to beast up the 700, I struggled to keep up. Until I bought one :) Damn they are much better than the 660's in many ways. I would suggest all out there to upgrade.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Of course they are, newer models tend to be better, but not all of us can afford to go out and drop the cash for a new 700. ;) :)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
Of course they are, newer models tend to be better, but not all of us can afford to go out and drop the cash for a new 700. ;) :)
Well said!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I am super happy with my upgrade too but the 660 is still an amazing machine and it tuned/modded properly it can hang with any 700. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I think next year I will probably get a 700... but for now I'm enjoying the learning experience and lesson in patience that the carbs are giving me. ;) I didn't know anything about carbs until I started to monkey around with this 660.

But eventually I want to move back out west to cali or something and I'd like the ease of use in differing elevation and climate conditions.

·
Registered
735 Posts
what I have found riding other peoples bikes....on the trails I can outrun a 660 or 700 on a 400ex jetted with a good exhaust because its soooo forgiving, but hit a road and the big bikes walk all over a 400 class bike. Sometimes too much power isnt as good either....but like you all, im adicted. The end is, if you are a better rider, or just plain fearless, you'll be quick anyway.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Still havent had a 700 beat me bad enough to go pick one up. I have made my mind up to stick wtih the 660 and see what it can do..... later on if I get my ass handed to me which highly doubt I'll go pick one up.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
There is so much power to be had with the 660 that if your pockets are deep enough, you can walk over any 700. Just look at RT's build.

Here's how I look at it: both versions of the raptor are going to make enough power to make anyone happy. And both versions have the potential of handling really well.

So the only fundamental difference is the FI and lower weight of the 700.

... does anyone know the actual wet weight difference?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
dry weight difference is 2 lbs ...660 is 398lbs , 700 is 396lbs..

pewterpecker said:
There is so much power to be had with the 660 that if your pockets are deep enough, you can walk over any 700. Just look at RT's build.
Raptoraz posted some pretty impressive numbers on the dyno with his (660 raptor)727 build.
Mike from coalshed has posted some impressive numbers too from his (660 raptor)721 build.
I am in no way dogging another raptor (if it was a banshee I would :lol:).

When it comes down to it in the end,...its not if one bikes better than another,..its how much money you have in your wallet to make one better than the other! But there is a limit on power, handling, ect with these things....the bottom of your wallet!~

·
Registered
350 Posts
You know all this talk about the 660 vs. the 700....... someone come on down to texas and play with me on the trails on there high modded 700 and see what happens 8)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Why buy a new 700 when you can get a fully modded 660 for under 5k? I may be interested in a 700 once someone has bought it new and then dumped 7-8k in in and want to sell if for barely more than half its new price. I like any bike that has been upgraded and I think the 700 needs plenty of upgrades such as a-arms and shocks first off. I have ridden 2 700s, 1 at the dunes and 1 on some trails / beach. They ride ok but still need to be lowered and upgraded suspensions to ride nice.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I will buy a 700 when my 660 dies. The 660 is fast enough for me right now cause all I mostly do is trail ride so I have no need for a faster quad. Now if I was into drag racing then maybe I would think about it. And then I wouldn't think for too long because you can just beef the 660 up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts