Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In yalls opinion what is the biggest bang for ur buck power mod to do on a 2008 yamaha raptor 700??
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Yes, I think the best combo is PCIII, Monster Intake & Barker or Monster Duals, I guess I am not sure on those, but from looking at other threads, alot of people are happy with all of those. What kind of riding do you do?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I mean the items I listed are the power mods I would recommend, but first thing I would do is skid plates & nerfs if you dont already have them.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Just skids and nerfs stay away from the engine. The mod big takes over and you're constanly changing and doing something different it's like a drug habit.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
:grin_nod: He is right, that is why I havent bought a pipe yet. Stupid Mod Bug costs people thousands and thousands and thousands of $$$

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
SUSPENSION.....SUSPENSION......SUSPENSION

Otherwise the Fuel Controller. Can't really do anything else without it. :D

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Good point, if you get an exhaust first and your have to wait a week for the controller to get to you, you will get tempted and ride it with out a controller = not good.

·
Registered
149 Posts
ER turbo. Extended swingarm & suspension. You won't wish your quad had more power after that. Save the money of re-doing things and go all the way to start!

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
SUSPENSION.....SUSPENSION......SUSPENSION

Otherwise the Fuel Controller. Can't really do anything else without it. :D
I sort of agree with that. Question is do you want a more powerful quad or do you want to go faster? If you trail ride and want to go faster, the "Bang for the Buck is a steering stabilizer. A more expensive one is worth the money, I recommend the remote lowboy from GPR. After that, SUSPENSION, SUSPENSION, SUSPENSION. Its the "BUCK" part that makes it second.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW i didn't realize how dang expensive shocks are. What do you guys ride with as far as shocks? Where is the best place to get them?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will check on the prices for the steering stabilizer. What benefit will that give me? Please forgive the ignorance.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Elka's and Fox Floats, is what I have been noticing. I heard someone saying Elka's are better, because if the Fox's fail, there is NO suspension:wow: compaired to Elka having the spring.

1 - 20 of 304 Posts