Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for the best place to have a cylinder sleeve installed. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks Justin :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Call or PM Bo White (VelociRaptor) and see if he's still sleeving cylinders. His prices and quality of work are great.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He was the first person i contacted. Sadly he dosen't do it any more. The two shops close to me Millenium Technologies, and US Chrome don't do it either. Im looking for someone with experience with the 660's.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Barkers has my cylinders right now. He is just boreing but I'm sure he could sleeve it no problem as he builds some mean bikes. I'm also sure Kenz or Gesick can help you to.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah barker, racers edge, or kenz should be able to hook you up. I have a sleeve done by kenz cycle tech and it's real high quality.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Labarons powersports in Almont, MI.. best place to get it done... no question

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I was gonna take my cylinders to the local shop here(Guy I normally use can't bore big enough for a 102mm) but last time I had someone do my cylinder that wasn't well known told me "I had my guy take this to the hone and walk over a hour later and he was still honing it. I didn't know it was 2mm overbore soI had to bore it as you can't hone 2mm out":eek:......I was like do you not measure stuff there? I didn't think much about it after I got it because my Harbor freight caliper is not to accurate:p but I tore the motor back down after about 10hrs due to a broken HR crank and the skirts were all wore from the bore being to big. I'm still running it now but that is why I have a couple cylinders at Barker(my 04 and 01) So this time I wanted someone proven :lol: even if it cost me more. Them 13.5:1 stroker pistons are $250 each and should last more the 20hrs I hope.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
you hope more than 20 hours? id be pissed if mine didnt make 50!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Without knowing where you are, it's difficult to suggest anything that may be local.

It's a new sleeve, it's not rocket science and should be a piece of cake for any machine shop that does engine work. The big name builders will do a great job, but it won't be cheap.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im located near Rochester, MN and the only thing for machine shops around me is a NAPA machine shop and they have costed me more money in mess up's then anything else. Im not to worried about what it will cost as long as its done right. Plus i would like to support our forum sponsors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts