Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wrong forum, but someone might help you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in missouri. i dont think a raptor will be good for me i think a grizzly is more down my line for the places and things i will be doing. dont get me wrong i like the raptor and all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
for what its worth i traded my grizzly in on my raptor... :thumbsup:

needed to feed the need for speed 8)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
sorry, if you lived in the Mid south area I know a huge dealer in corinth MS that sells for like $500-1000 of the MSRP I bought my raptor back last year for a little above 5grand. I asked him how many atv's does he sell over a weekend, he responded, "a good weekend is around 25" so thats how big the place is, and he has honda, suzuki, yama, and kawa! Have you looked at the suzuki king quad? If you like bigger is better, it is bigger than the grizzly and can outrun it by a length or 2 in the 1/8th it is also cheaper.

If you go grizzly I dont know if I would get powersteering, it is an expensive option and just adds something else that can go wrong with it, and seriously how bad do you need powersteering on a quad???

·
Registered
58 Posts
with the diff locked o could barley turn it,i heard the p/s is a real lifesaver when deep in the mucky muck

·
Registered
815 Posts
abernathy's is where i bought mine from... I am from Central Missouri... It was a 6 hour drive down there... but well worth it... the dealership is amazing... i highly recommend it.... my friends and i went down in march of 06' took a trailer and bought 6 bikes - 3 raptor 700's, a honda 450R, and a polaris ranger, and a honda rincon 4x4.... Anyway, the price on the website, is their PRICE... there is no negotiating... if you buy 10 bikes or more they will give a discount, but otherwise their price on the website is their price....
If you decide to go down there i will give you the name of the salesman that i used... he was great, i called ahead and told him when we were coming and stuff, and so he had all the bikes preped and ready to go when we got there.... we were only at the dealership for and hour and we got six bikes.... pretty impressive

Plattner

·
Registered
815 Posts
Oh ya and by the way, i saw MAchy saying how that dealership sells 25 bikes in a weekend... THATS NOTHING... ha ha Abernathy's claims to sell the most ATV's in the United States.... They sell around 75 on saturdays and around 25 on sundays... and then usually 75 during the week.... during prime buying season (dont know when that is) they sell around 200 on the weekends.....

While i was at the dealership on a saturday afternoon, like i said i was only there for an hour, three semi-trucks came in and got loaded with crates, that had ATV's and Utility vehicles in them.... It was crazy... They have 3 BIG sheds that are just packed full of atv crates at all times....

Plattner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts