Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just went on a 3 day riding trip to west Virginia and my boots did not make it out unharmed. The sole of my left boot came off and I was riding with it duct taped. Ive been riding in hiking boots because I've not had the money to get some real riding boots.

Now that I am able to afford some decent boots with more protection the question arises, which are the best ones that provide good protection that dont break the bank?

TIA!!

·
Super Moderator
7,695 Posts
What is your budget?

I run Fox comp 5 boots I do believe, around $200 and everything is replaceable. Has a pivot point in ankle area that helps walking and overall movement. Is there a dealership around that you can at least try different boots on, then buy on line?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The closet thing we have in our area is a cycle gear. Very minimal offroad boot options. I will have to search the area some more to see what I come up with.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,292 Posts
I always see outgrown boots for sale at swap meets and yard sales. Check your area Craig's List. When trying on boots, don't just stand in them, but sit down in a riding position.

·
Super Moderator
7,695 Posts
I just looked at RMATV for the boots I run, they are the comp 5 and they have them on sale for $150

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I use the FLY Maverik ATV boots. they are pretty comfortable and for the most part pretty easy to walk in. They have a work boot type sole so they dont slip that bad.

·
Super Moderator
7,695 Posts
Yo Taja,

What has been the outcome?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm using Forma terrain TX. They are in the 200€ range but I got them for less. Great boots for summer and winter too. In wet the water will get through but over all I'm very happy with them. They are not that clumsy to walk.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Almost every boot over the 300-400 price range is very comfortable including Gaerne, Fox, SIDI, Fly, AlpineStar. The cheaper 99-149 boots will protect you, but they're normally overly stiff and uncomfortable until you break them in. (wear them out)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I did this for my helmet and boots:

I ordered everything I thought I'd like, from RMATV, and returned what I didn't. Painless process.

Landed on Gaerne SG12's and Shoei EvoVFX. Just don't tear up the packaging or do something dumb like go ride in them, and iirc the returns for size/fitment issues with gear are free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts