Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So my engine did this weird noise when I was hitting the dunes and then died on me, run all checks it would just crank and would not start, removed the spark, tested for compression it was just too low, I opened it up and turns out my cylinder has alot of scuffing and my piston looks rough on the edges, am guessing its the bad oil I used.

Am curently on the lookout for a cylinder piston kit and I wanted to know what the best one out there ? or should i stick with OEM, not interested in big bore stuff am more then happy with the stock power.

I have a local store that sells cylinder works kits but I read on the group that the quality is not great, what do you guys think? I also read in another forum that CP makes great cylinders but I cant find any online?

Can you please guide me on what should I buy? should i even consider aftermarket? Or just stick with the stock cylinder and piston? I just want something that is heavy duty.

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Morph,

Thanks for your reply, i cant find a CP cylinder, I can find the piston, but not the cylinder. could you link me up?

And do you think is it better then then OEM?

Thank you

·
Administrator
9,165 Posts
Can you post a pic of the cylinder? Sometimes all it takes is honing the cylinder.

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
Cp as in cp/carillo doesn’t make cylinders. CPI, cast precision industries makes cylinders. They are nice, but more expensive than oem. I would just buy an oem cylinder and a cp 11:1 piston.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can buy an over sized piston and send the stock cylinder and new piston to millennium-tech.net. They match the bore to the piston and rings and the re-nikasil(sp) the bore. I don't think anyone makes a cylinder as good and precise as the stocker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts