Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i blew my tranny and my motor is all apart.

heads are ported/polished. running a wisecko 11-1 and stage 1 cam/ full yoshi.

what strocker kit is recommended?

my mechanic says hot rods?

thanks

HP

·
Registered
839 Posts
I havent heard of any Hot rods failing but there are other options. Coal Shed Racing carries some very nice strokers (+4 and +6mill) that work with any off the shelf piston. The Hot Rod requires a piston with an offset pin location. With the other kits you could use youre existing piston. Call and talk to Mike @ CSR.His prices are hard to beat!

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Barker has been making stroker cranks for some time now, but I've lost track of who uses his, who uses his components with theirs, and who makes their own.

Vito's has a similar crank availible on their website, appears to be of good quality.

·
Registered
960 Posts
thats the one i got its build nicely

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I never heard of barkers before I came to this website, Maddog mentioned them in the engine build, I checked them out, got to know more about what this company does, and I've heard nothing but extraordinary things about them. I bought the 720 kit from vito's just for the fact that the rod looked beefier, and it wasn't and offset piston kit, find out a day after I bought it (a reply from scholle in the forum) that its actually a barkers crank and rod.. Made me a lot happier, especially when everyone was saying they are the best. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
that it does

·
Registered
839 Posts
diggerzmound said:
Hotrods wins the race in the Bang for the buck race, hands down...
I dissagree. The Barkers setup is now with a few bucks of the hot rods setups. The hot rods does require an offset piston and there is only one available through them. The barker setup you can run whatever off the shelf piston you want. Like I said, I have never used the Hot Rods but U havent heard anything bad about them in our racing circles.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
diggerzmound said:
Hotrods wins the race in the Bang for the buck race, hands down...
I disagree with that as well. If I thought the hotrods setup was the best bang-for-the-buck that is what I would be selling.....but it isn't.

When you consider the total cost of both piston/rod/cranks setups the Barker based setup is within 40 bucks of the hotrods setup AND the compression is about a point higher(meaning it will have better power) but still be able to run on premium unleaded. This assuming you use the Wiseco 11:1 piston with the Barker crank/rod.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 720 stroker built by Tim Barker with about 10 hours on it for sale in the classifieds, it has his HV portwork, x4 cam, 11:1 wiseco piston and stainless valves and upgraded springs it has his stroker crank and chrome molly rod. This motor screams and has tons of torque from the bottom to the top! I am asking $2300 for the motor plus actual shipping and have fcr carbs and pipes etc if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
960 Posts
its going just taking a while becasue i dont have time to work on it at all the case is together and jug is back on clutch side is going toghether now then the other side so im getting there

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Completely understand, first you gotta make time for sleeping, then eating, and drinking....for ya know it the days gone!! :lol: :p

·
Registered
960 Posts
forgot school and sportsn and a gf lol

but eating and drinkin can be cut down to 1 time a day lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts