Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all have, and are you happy with your susension set ups? I'm doing desert racing, and I think I've outgrown my stock shocks.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I will be going with Houser a-arms and Ohlins shocks....... :thumbsup:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
I went with TCS Zero Preload, they are amazing shocks. They are built to order by hand, not pulled from a shelf. You can get YFZ shocks rebuilt to do the same thing, but I just bought their shocks new. I highly recommend TCS for their quality. :thumbsup:

Once thing I never like about the Raptor since he 660 was the height of the bike, even the 700 was too high. I sent me rear shock in to get rebuilt for Zero Preload, and bought 2 fronts with resovoirs with Zero Preload. I love it, the bike sits closer to the ground and it feels great, worth every penny.

It's a little bit cheaper if you go through this guy, and he took care of me, I had a deadline and he actually paid for overnight shipping with me to keep his word, which was $150 out of his pocket; I ended up splitting it with him, but how many venders would do that? :eek:

http://atvsuspensiontech.net/tcs.htm

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was just at the TCS shop a couple weeks back. Those guys do what it takes to make you happy and they run a nice shop. I picked up alot of information and will be going back when I do my fronts. Nothing but a positive experience.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I love my Houser A-arms and stock SE shock setup. They work great for the riding I do (fire roads, woods, fields, and small jumps)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
For desert racing like in S.C.O.R.E I would go with elkas they have on site tuning to help you dail your shocks, For a-arms most use IMS as it is a pretty common setup it semmes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts