Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the best tire to spike for the really hard packed 300' drags. I could barely launch or I'd spin really bad. I'm thinking the spiked tires and a +4 or +6 swinger and a 25" tire with spikes. What's the best tire to do this with? Thanks for all the input.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
if you can find some used pure sports realtors they would work great IMHO

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'm gonna look into it. I figured a used tire as the spikes give more traction then the rubber.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I used my stock tires...worked pretty good, this time I am going to use my old razrs and spike right through the center of the nobbie, as I ripped a few spikes right out of the tire on the stockers...:D

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only have these on hear now and a set of slicks. I keep these for trail. I was thinking about a 24' tire a +6 and :n2o: that should speed me up a bit.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if these will let me pick up a second over all. I wanna get down to the 4.4 area I'm running 5.4-5.6 now

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Dan I ran 4.8 with mine on new Razr's... I'm going to look at studding my old stock tires I will let you know it goes... The track went away very quick..

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it did. On Sunday all I could do was spin em the entire 300' I even aired down tires to 2psi still no traction. I'm investing in a good tire for plowed track and I'm working on a set of spiked used tires for the hard ones that allow it. I know a lot of places don't allow them but oh well. There allowed at the local ******* spot :lol: so that's all that counts. Bracket racing next week in Grayson,Ky me and Brett both will be there. If you're in the area come on out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts