Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought maybe you guys may have a tire or two to recommend. I live in Alaska, and encounter terrain from mud to rocks, to sand. Not to mention snow. I have been slightly interested in the ITP Mud Lights. I understand they are not really for sport quads, but I could have swore I saw a pic of a Rappy with em on there. I like how the chevron pattern can act like a paddle in sand, and pull through mud, though I am concerned how they would perform on the trail and on rocks.... Anyone have a recommendation?

·
Registered
296 Posts
ITP holeshot GNCC series is my personal favorite tire. i ride in mud, hard dirt, loose dirt, sand, cross streams, and they have NEVER once let me down. I would go for those.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Me and my buddy's have had just about every tire it seems and we like the razor 2's the most. holeshots are ok too, but don't last as long as the razers.
We all run razors 2's now and unless a better tire comes out we will all (6) be buying the R 2's again.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Ask Spider Paleface on here hes running the itp mudlites and he loves them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a set of Interco Swamplites on mine and are awesome in the snow and mud. They are 6 ply so won't have problems on the rocks. I have 2 pounds in them and still hold the bike up. Little heavy, but 700s have the torque to spin 'em on pavement....

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you are still considering the ITP Mudlites... the Mudlite SP is made for SPort quads. Just an FYI. Although I haven't had a pair, my buddy with his Banshee loves them. The only riding we don't do is extremely rocky riding, so I dont' know how they'd be in rocks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks for the advice guys. When I was looking at the Mud Lites, it was the SP. And of course the Holeshots, and Razor 2s. Now for wheels, I want the newer ITP beadlocks. I was looking at a few places online. But it seems that no one carries the beadlocks for the front, just the rear. Any reason for that?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Try hiper wheels instead you can get single sided beadlocks on one side and they are good rims alot of people on here run them. I dunnu why they dont double bealock the front or for this information the itp's dont have beadlocks for the fronts...

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Kenda bear claws were great in the snow and I have the kenda kutters for the regular riding and they do good with mud but both of those tire will be good in mud and there both 6 ply. Kenda are the cheaper tires but the quality is the same. you may need to 2 tires for the different riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.