Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of jumping and It seems I'm always bottoming out. Also Im tired of the typical tippyness of my raptor. I was looking into extended arms and extended rear hubs. What are the best arms out there for the money? Where is the easiest place to find YFZ front shocks? And will extended arms get me more wheel travel or atleast how can I get this thing to stop bottoming out so much its taking its tole on me? Im only about 165 lbs. and i've tried jacking the preload up on my shocks but it doesnt help much just makes my rappy ride like crap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would try yhe Yfz shocks first. You can get them pretty cheap off Yfzcentral.com. The install was pretty easy and depending how you set the springs it can lower the front.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I second the suggestion on looking for some YFZ shocks, I got some off of YFZcentral. As for a-arms, check out the American Star a-arms on ebay, I just ordered a set and I'm extrememly surprised at the quality and fitment for about half the price as some main stream arms. Also, if you intend do hit big jumps I don't recommend rear spacers, bite the bullet and get a racing axle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would get better shocks matched for your weight and riding conditions I have the works performance steeler 3xs on mine and are only satified with them. I know i can get better,just have to put out the $$$
I just found there are ohlins shocks for the rear places are closing out-$320 for a $720 shock- now these are are the good stuff! Sorry these are 2001 only shocks. I like mine, but the spring is too soft and i need to replace it with a stiffer one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts