Raptor Forum banner

Better exhaust / Not so loud

7K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Spider-Lōc 
#1 ·
Is there good aftermarket pipe for performance that is not annoyingly loud ? I ride near homes that I don't want to piss off and just don't like the super loud crap that alot of people I ride with have. (Yeah I know I'm "old")

#3 ·
I do not know of any. I have had DMC & Barker duals both. My Barkers are supposed to be 96db with the quiet cores in them and they are still loud as hell once you get on it. Stock is around 85db. I think singles are generally louder than duals even. I rode next to a guy with a gytr single and it was annoying.

Props to ya for not wanting to be as loud as hell. I hate that too, and its bad for our sport. I would love to find an exhaust as quiet as stock with duals performance. I'd ride around with huge cans as ugly as hell if some one would do it. It is possible! Unfortunately, the industry thinks its cooler to be loud.

#4 ·
Singles have that loud annoying ass high pitch to it. The duals are loud but a lower deeper tone. I can tell without seeing them if it's a single or dual before they come off the trails.

#5 ·
Any time you increase the flow of an exhaust you generally increase the sound.

#6 ·
I have the monster duals on mine and they sound great.

#8 ·
The CT Racing system (my personal favorite) has diffuser plates that you can add (to increase power AND noise) or remove (to decrease noise and power to some degree)... it allows you to make your own trades between noise and available power.

#9 ·
Pretty much all models can be fitted with "quiet cores" which lessen the db (and power) output while still remaining over stock performance. The effectiveness of these quiet cores varies a lot from one company to the other from what I experienced... I'm running Barkers now and they are still obnoxiously loud with the quiet cores (I would have gone for something else had I known). Before that I had a Trinity single and I had the quietcore unit for it but I couldn't get myself to use it because it was restricting performance significantly (the sound wasn't much louder than stock actually).

All that to say, I don't know about others, but the Trinity w/ quietcore is a pretty quiet setup. Of course when you rip it open, it will be loud, but at idle it wasn't any louder than stock to my ear... Performance-wise, I didn't run with the quietcore enough to know exactly, but it was bad enough that it wouldn't run right with the same EFI controller settings.

#11 ·
spider id beg to differ on the all singles being high pitched comment..my sparks is nowhere near high pitched. duals arent everything

#12 ·
True that my big gun single is nice and throaty but a little loud, but where i ride there is no rules on sound and no houses or people to piss off for miles. :cool:

#14 ·
Spider-Lōc;1043431 said:
Never stated duals was everything but my buddy's sparks xx6 has a higher pitch and was louder than my duals. I personally like loud pipes cause I can hear other riders before I see them sometimes. Which most likely saved a crash or two.
Agreed its better to hear them from a long way then to run head on into them, not sure why people make such a big deal about loud exhausts, its not running in your livingroom so give people a break, when it comes to quite exhaust though to get back on topic it will probably take a disc system to quiet it down like a CT pipe otherwise stick with the stock pipe.

#16 ·
not sure why people make such a big deal about loud exhausts, its not running in your livingroom so give people a break, .
This shows your lack of experience in what kinds of ride areas are out there.
We don't all have a private owned corn field to ride in.
For example, I have a motocross track in the area that I like to ride occasionally. It has a subdivision nearby. Are they idiots for moving in next to a race track? Yes! That doesn't overule the issue of noise complaints. My favorite place to ride is the North Sand Hills in Colorado. Its land locked and owned by cattle farmers. They give the State Parks Dept. permission to cross their land and use it as long as their cattle have free range and noise levels are respected. Should us riders say F*** them farmers and be as loud as we want? A mature response is no. Otherwise they will shut the ride area down.

There are areas to ride where sound isn't an issue, but there are lots of places we need to be respectful. I am very proud when I hear of fellow riders that want to be respectful of others due to noise limits.

#15 ·
Sorry yeah the CT is best option to cut down sound.

#17 ·
I've never had a noise complaint in parks private land national forest or in my neighborhood. Sorry for the :hijack: again I'm outta here good luck with your pipe purchase and hope you're happy with it. Just remember you can please some the people all the time but you can't please everyone anytime.

#18 ·
Spider-Lōc;1043494 said:
Just remember you can please some the people all the time but you can't please everyone anytime.
:haha::rofl::slap:

#19 ·
Spider-Lōc;1043494 said:
I've never had a noise complaint in parks private land national forest or in my neighborhood. Sorry for the :hijack: again I'm outta here good luck with your pipe purchase and hope you're happy with it. Just remember you can please some the people all the time but you can't please everyone anytime.
LOL Spider,

The actual quote is, "You can please some of the people all the time, or all the people some of the time, but you can never please all the people all the time."

but yours works too :grin_nod:

#20 ·
I was driving lol and knew I screwed it up :rofl: but they get the point. You control the sound then it'll be you're kicking up to much dust. Quad haters gonna hate no matter what is my thoughts.

#23 ·
Forgot about that one.

#22 ·
this shouldnt be to loud ha
Auto part Impact driver Impact wrench Machine Handheld power drill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.