Raptor Forum banner

Big 3 Mod madness begins!

3K views 34 replies 7 participants last post by  Sixpack577 
#1 ·
Got my PCV from DynoJet yesterday and have my ProDesign K&N kit ready to go on. Installed my TrailTech Vapor and aluminum mount with ignition relocation lastnight, looks super clean! Now to find an exhaust setup and a Dyno in town. Was hoping to get this installed before going riding this weekend but may just jump on all of this next week and take it easy till then. Any gotchas on the PCV install that I should know about or is it all pretty straightforward?

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Emblem

See less See more
#4 ·
Caught me sleeping on the keyboard! Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: morphrider
#3 ·
Woohoo! The pcv install is relatively simple. It is possible to get the throttle position sensor and the fuel pressure sensor mixed up so watch out for that. I believe mr cuervo racing has a video on youtube that may help you

Reactions: Leonard4
#5 ·
Just watched MrCuervos video, lots of good info and reference, will definitely watch that when I do the install.

On a side note, I have my Vapor tach wire wrapped around the ignition coil wire and the RPMs look fine in the garage, but I've read some old posts, circa 2012, that it can be erratic with the wire wrap and that it needs to be run into the orange wire on the coil, is that still the case for a 2020 raptor with a new Vapor install?

#6 ·
I have that wire from my Vapor wrapped around the wire against the coil, and have had no problems so far on my 2020.
I also put 2 zipties side by side to hold the wire in place.
Everything seems to be working as it should.
I also removed one of the rotor bolts and replaced it with the magnetic bolt for the speedometer.
Then drilled a hole in the plastic rotor guard to mount the sensor.
I have yet to check it against gps, but it seems very close with 1775 entered for the 4 digit setting number.

#20 ·
Hello, I have voyaer too and the wire arround the plug wire works very good for about 3 years so far, and it your tach wont work more than 4k its because you have some setting wrong in you voyager, its an easy fix, cant remember exactly how it is, but its just in the config options, let me know if you didnt fix it yet, and I will take a look on mine when I can to help you.
And GPS speed works much more accurate than the sensor in the wheel, thats my experience, have both but I use the GPS speed.

#11 ·
Same issue with my voyager. Might have to check out the older posts.

Reactions: Sixpack577
#12 ·
Guys i had to tap into that orange wire on the coil for it to work consistently as its supposed to. Couple ways to do it, i opted to go with this lil guy so i didnt have to cut anything. Available at any auto parts store

Attachments

#13 ·
So you put that crimp on the TrailTech wire, and plugged it on to the coil?
Or crimped on to the red wire going to the coil?
I was about to drink a beer and do important things(change grips), and you have to get all techy and make me use my brain. I thought I was done with that for the day, lol.

#14 ·
Hahaha, that makes my day. It has a spot for 1 male blade (the coil itself) and 2 female receptors (orange coil wire, and new female end you put on the trail tech red wire)

#15 ·
That’s exactly what I did with mine. Not sure if my tach is actually working anymore though. My unit has been through years of abuse and really I just use it for maintenance and mileage at this point, lol.

#17 ·
Maybe this will help... if not, my pack came with 2. Pm me an address and there will be one on its way to you tomorrow

Attachments

#22 ·
Got some of those double spade connectors on friday, wired everything in and the tach was good for about a day. Then it was all crazy this weekend, >19k rpm, both lights blinking, etc. Emailed TrailTech and talked with Justin, super nice guy. Sounds like my kit was supposed to come with a tach wire lead with a resistor inline, and I just got a normal wire in mine, so he's shipping me a replacement one to toss on there. Found a few other posts floating around saying that its a 600k ohm resistor for anyone that wants to add one themselves, sounds like there's too much current/signal coming through on just a straight through wire, resistor is pulling it down so the Vapor can handle it without getting overloaded.

#23 ·
Cool, I haven't tried mine yet.
But, nothing inline to the coil.
Just a wire with a plug on one end.
I'll have to call them too.
You'de think they would have that figured out by now...and put it in the Raptor 700 box.
I have had so many returns trying to get good parts lately.
It's getting ridiculous, and I'm tired of people half-assin anything to try and make a dollar.

#24 ·
Yeah he had me double check the kit #, and verified that the one I got was the correct one. (752-118), and he said "We've never shipped one out without that part before!", yeah ok, I got an extra hose clamp in my box, but one less wire, someone definitely messed up there. I have some 330k ohm and 420k ohm resistors on hand so I could modify my existing cable and make it work, but makes more sense that they fix their screw up and just send us the right parts.

At least the GYTR Sport Front Grab Bar I got from partzilla was the right thing, looks nice on there too, can actually move this bastard around without tweaking my back from bending down. :D

#26 ·
I just spoke with a lady at TrailTech.
Very nice and helpful.
She mentioned Justin, and confirmed he said some Vapors went out without that wire, and no problem, we'll send you one out.
Wow, what a nice change of pace.
Trail-Tech is friendly, knowledgeable, helpful...and stand behind what they sell!
Props to those guys!
And Leonard4, thanks for the info and help!

#27 ·
I dont remember any kind of resistor. Did they mention if this was for all raptors or just the newer ones?

#29 ·
Leonard4 said:
Awesome just got shipping confirmation. Thanks again. I have a friend who has a 2016 Raptor 700,
does this resistor wire fix only apply for the 2020 version or does it apply to all Raptor 700s?

Just asked Justin and this was his reply above, sounds like all Raptor 700s should be using a resistor inline on the tach lead for their Vapors.

#30 ·
Hmm. I wonder if I have one and dont even realize it... I remember having to use an inline fuse to power it but thats all

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#32 ·
Sounds like it might be this right here. I never even noticed it! Lol. Glad you got it figured out, sorry for misleading you, i had no idea that was there

Attachments

Reactions: Leonard4
#34 ·
I put mine on a few days ago, working great. Justins original email said the ground wasn't needed so I just ziptied it up and tucked it out of the way. Going out this weekend so will see how it works, but in the garage the tach looks more consistent and smoother. Not getting that 19k rpm blip like I was last week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.