Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been given an unbelievable quote on a DMC Dual Comp 4 Afterburner (Black) $684.21, and an extremely good deal on a PC5 controller (Fuel and Ignition) $308.89.

All are brand new so all I am left to find is a K&N High Flow with outerwear. Might see if I can get this as part of the package for a little more.

All comes with free shipping, but my question is with the exhaust mainly. I have had no headwork done, I might cam it later with a stage 2 but other then that it is a stock motor.

The DMC Range have the megaphone system, of which I should imagine is LOUD! and this is not something I want. So will the DMC Comp 4 Afterburner in Black (full system) work ok for me?

This is going to be a one time upgrade around August, so I am trying to get it right before blowing my cash....

Advice please, and do you think them prices are good?

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Those prices are not that great. The parts however are top notch. Opt for the Force 4 instead of the afterburner 4 in black though. You will make more power and have a better fitting newer designed DMC exhaust.

If you purchased from us you would save $130 on those two items shipped to your door and the pc5 would come pre-mapped ready to plug in and ride with our custom tunes.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh, now your sweet talking me..... I like it :) I am all about saving money. I am all about supporting our sponsors too.
Maybe you and I could talk later about a complete package and set something up for around August, (Birthday Money) LOL... I will PM you in a few seconds ok..

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
that is about the same system i want. but i want foam filter. I ride pretty much all dunes, so sand and dust and heard the K&N even with Outwear isn't realy good in for that.

let me know what kind of pricing is there. I think i want the filtered airbox lid to. Maybe with the foam i can do no lid, but keeping the sand and dust out of the airbox is important to me.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
If you'er looking for power, don't just go with a filter. You want to go with the FCI. It makes big power with a cam and ignition. You got to let it breath. The stock horn is quit restrictive.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking of maybe doing one of them open lid mods or removing the box altogether as I don't get in to mud puddles or anything like that too much.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, had to look up what the FCI was... Found it, looks interesting!

Here is a YouTube vid on it if anyone is interested...

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
i like the FCI but it's pretty damn expensive IMO. and the only option is the K&N which i am still nervous about with the sand and dust i ride in.

·
Registered
749 Posts
rap rider, if you have the k&n pro design pro flow set up, you can easily buy just the foam filter replacement. TQS has them. that's what i did after constantly reading how bad k&n is in the dust. very happy with the foam so far.

or if you haven't bought an intake yet, just specify you want the pro flow foam.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
i like the FCI but it's pretty damn expensive IMO. and the only option is the K&N which i am still nervous about with the sand and dust i ride in.
FCI comes with an FCI filter which looks like a k and n but filters twice as good.

·
Registered
749 Posts
oh yeah spider just clarified. i read it wrong. the FCI isn't a k&n. i thought you meant the FCI is expensive, and your only other intake option was the k&n that you were nervous about.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, that is what he was saying. I am in the same boat, I would like to do the FCI but at $250 - $350 it is going to have to wait a while.

I will figure something out later, I understand now I have to work on the intake side of things and I will do that after this big modification coming up.

I need a better job with more $$ lol

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
If you buy any other intake other than FCI you're not buying an intake just a filter kit that bolts to the STOCK intake. IMO that's basically for looks and don't flow much better than a lidless air box. You can find FCI for about 160 used on here in the for sale section. They go fast so look daily. I ran the FCI until I went with the big boy 54mm TB and giant intake it comes with. It's worth the money for it. Really nice gains over a filter kit.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Spider-Lōc;1041913 said:
If you buy any other intake other than FCI you're not buying an intake just a filter kit that bolts to the STOCK intake. IMO that's basically for looks and don't flow much better than a lidless air box. You can find FCI for about 160 used on here in the for sale section. They go fast so look daily. I ran the FCI until I went with the big boy 54mm TB and giant intake it comes with. It's worth the money for it. Really nice gains over a filter kit.
Spider, knowing you I know you know, but just not to misinform other readers, the pro-design, monster, trinity, GYTR and other similar kits have a bigger filter diameter than stock so while they clearly aren't as good as a FCI, they are still way better than the stock unit as far as flow goes. Such a kit is much better than nothing.

The stock unit has a 2.5" inner diameter and the pro-design/GYTR are 3.5".. That's 2x more in terms of area. Of course the rest of the intake tube stays the same, but it's still a notable gain and it definitely shows on a dyno. I'm pulling 60+ rwhp on the dyno with my pro-design... I realize it's not an optimal intake, but I bet I wouldn't get 50 with the stock filter.

As for others scared of using a K&N in a high dust environment, I've been doing it for 10K+ miles on the same engine and the inside of my intake is still clean as new. Use a pre-filter, properly clean and oil your filter every 20 hours max and it'll never be an issue. I ride thin, smoke-like dust all the time and the K&N more than does the job.

The guys that have had issues with their K&N either didn't oil them well or didn't maintain them often enough, end of story as far as I'm concerned. Most of the people bitching about them never even tried them and are just trying to convince themselves their sub-flow foam filter was a better choice. K&N is top notch!

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
thanks for the K&N info qcraptor... that is what i wanted to see.

I think with the vented lid and and filtered lid tube thing that will help with the dust... but if i did a FCI... then what? maybe a outerwear custom fit? maybe i am just being paranoid. but i'd like my engine to not blow up.

i am good about maintenance though.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The fci does not have a lid on it, so maybe the both of us could run without ours? K&N with outtawear for me it is, until I can scratch enough cash to do the fci anyway :)

Thank you all for your help, I like to see as many side of the setup as possible.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts