Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding this weekend and the front sprocket nut came off. The front sprocket although it stayed on moved to the outside. It looks like the shaft is straight but, Oil then started to pour out from the shaft around where the sprocket was. The motor still runs, just pours oil. Anyone have a similar problem? Any advice?

The bike is a 2003 660 w/ GYTR jets, Yoshi pipe, K&N. Everything else is stock.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
There's a spacer just inside the sprocket. The seal that rides on the spacer can be changed easily, pull the sprocket and pry the seal out. While your at it look at the spacer, may have a groove from the seal, if it does, replace it, the seal will last longer. The only thing to watch is not to push the seal in to far, just flush with the case, puish to far and it will fall into the case.

How'd this happen, neglect the sprocket lock washer?

·
Registered
204 Posts
This happened to me also. I had changed my front sprocket and didn't get it torqued down enough. I used the washer but it didn't help hold it on. All I did was park it and go get my truck then got a new nut and washer and that fixxed the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.