Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of putting a big bore, and cam in my 09 700. i already have the DMC duals, GYTR intake, and a PCV. I don't want to get into porting and polishing, or valve clearance issues. What do you guys suggest, it's mainly a trail bike, and dunes once a year.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ride it like I stole it, LOL. Mostly wooded trails, some nice sized hills, looking for more bottom to mid range grunt, of course I would like it to scream at the dunes, but I know I can't have the best of both worlds.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Ill tell you what when why for me. I ride desert trails WIDE OPEN 5th pinned and dont downshift any lower then 3rd while im riding. so im planning on tech cp 11.5:1 piston (cause its the highest comp you can go and still run pump gas) an hc3 cam cause im always riding on the top end and then a dynatek programmable ignition, I also ride the dunes 4 to 6 trips a yr, glamis and gordons well and up to flagstaff (cinders) 6000/7000 feet alt when its summer. If you don't want top end but more mid then the hc2 for mid to top end and get the fci w/box and get rid of the Gytr filter and stock intake tube. You should be happy with that over a BB cause of you get the BB your gonna want to capitalize on the BB so you'll want to go into the head and bigger cams that will need to have other stuff clearanced then possibly BB exhaust ( the new monsters) then port and polish and 54mm or 58mm wk intake, otherwise why do the BB right? just my 2cents

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, thanks for the input, now i have something to think about. Thanks

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I ride it like I stole it, LOL. Mostly wooded trails, some nice sized hills, looking for more bottom to mid range grunt, of course I would like it to scream at the dunes, but I know I can't have the best of both worlds.
Yes you can hdd5050 nice trail cam that loves to be pushed to top end hence 5050 50% trail 50% race. It's nice to have in woods and racing lol.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Yes you can hdd5050 nice trail cam that loves to be pushed to top end hence 5050 50% trail 50% race. It's nice to have in woods and racing lol.
The sb/ss we just did we used a 50/50 it made really good power all the way up the face. But his concern is not having valve clearance issues is a ? with this cam its a big lift cam. Also unsure if he wants to do springs and it will need the rocker clearanced. I would say a hc2 or 3 and choose if you want to run race gas or not.

Again this is just my .02

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lots of options here, that's why I like the forums

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
The sb/ss we just did we used a 50/50 it made really good power all the way up the face. But his concern is not having valve clearance issues is a ? with this cam its a big lift cam. Also unsure if he wants to do springs and it will need the rocker clearanced. I would say a hc2 or 3 and choose if you want to run race gas or not.

Again this is just my .02
5050 does require head work rocker clearing and upgraded springs. If I was going big bore I'd port head to help the more air it's pumping gets in and out easier. That's just me I'm sure there's some 734's and up running stock head and hc3.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
I would do the BB just for the TQ and not so much the over all HP (This will let you run 15-36 grearing). As for the setup I would run a HC2 with a 11.5-1 CP piston.. Down the road if you do the head and go with a bigger cam it will be a big HP quad and run great! just my .02

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I run 15/36 always. Even when I got the 23" slicks on it's gotta plenty of balls to pull those tires at that gear no bogging or nothing just tries coming up between 2nd and 3rd and if you get snatched to far back she'll come up in 4th after 5th I'm looking for the non existing 6th gear

1 - 14 of 14 Posts