Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever installed this or herd anything about? Is it worth the money.

·
Registered
31 Posts
and what cam would you go with and who would you send the head to for porting?? what hp do you think that would make?? i see that apex is putting the dirt bike motor in a 250 class that makes 35hp would it be cheaper just to do a eng swap??

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
No matter how much work you put into the Raptor's engine, it's not gonna touch the YZ250F engine. If your going for maximum power then that would be an awesome swap. But a YZ250F engine is well over $1,000 but then again you would have over that much into having your stock 250 engine excluding a bigger carb and what not. And it would still not have as much power. It's kind of a toss-up, depends what you wanna do.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No matter how much work you put into the Raptor's engine, it's not gonna touch the YZ250F engine. If your going for maximum power then that would be an awesome swap. But a YZ250F engine is well over $1,000 but then again you would have over that much into having your stock 250 engine excluding a bigger carb and what not. And it would still not have as much power. It's kind of a toss-up, depends what you wanna do.
My brothers looking at a 250 thats why i asked this, and before you know it he would want a Big bore kit because "It will add more CC's" according to him... Hes 13 so 280 sounds "Cooler" when talking to his friends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts