Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a big bore kit done to my 2019 700R, 734cc, 52mm throttle body, ported head and intake, Web racing cam, dyno tuned, and I only ended up with 65 HP. I have a full Dasa exhaust, Uni air intake (box is still on), power commander, and I'm running 91 clear. My tuner hasn't done any Raptors that have single exhaust and isn't sure why we only have 65 HP. Anyone out there have any advice on what to do here to get more HP?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,800 Posts
1, What size is the injector? Is it clean?

2, Is the rubber intake boot ported to the TB?

3, Who did the porting?

4, What size are the valves?

4, What Web Cam? Do you have HD springs?

5, Ditch the Dasa and get a Monster single.

6, If you haven't already, get a "pop stop", AIS block off plate from Cuervo Racing, about $20.

7, Take OFF the air box lid.

8, What's your elevation?

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
porting is the only thing I can think of, what is your torque?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1, What size is the injector? Is it clean?
I don't know the size but yes, it is clean.

2, Is the rubber intake boot ported to the TB? Yes

3, Who did the porting? Racers Edge

4, What size are the valves? +2

4, What Web Cam? Do you have HD springs? The box doesn't say much except the part number (PN-66067) and Grind # 611/594 + 3 degrees (6 degrees)

5, Ditch the Dasa and get a Monster single.

6, If you haven't already, get a "pop stop", AIS block off plate from Cuervo Racing, about $20.

7, Take OFF the air box lid.

8, What's your elevation? 4,500 feet
Thank you for any help on this.

·
10,800 Posts
I would expect mid 70 HP and mid 50's for torque.
You should give RE a call for their thoughts.

·
10,800 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would expect mid 70 HP and mid 50's for torque.
You should give RE a call for their thoughts.
I did call RE because that is who ported the head and suggested the Web racing cam. They don't know why it's only at 65 HP as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
Ok, how well does it run? Don’t be discouraged by a number either. The main thing is that you have a good solid tune on it. What elevation are you at? Different dynos will give you different numbers. The only true way to really know what you gained by it all is to have had a base line dyno run at stock vs what you are at now.

·
10,800 Posts
I believe the +2 valves and 611/594 cam are to big for your compression and exhaust system.

At +3, I assume you were able to degree the cam. You might try it straight up if possible.

Did you replace the timing chain?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is the dyno showing corrected or actual numbers? At 4500' you are down around 14% in power or around 10hp assuming 75hp at sea level.

·
10,800 Posts
Is the dyno showing corrected or actual numbers? At 4500' you are down around 14% in power or around 10hp assuming 75hp at sea level.
Good point. Even though I asked, I didn't take in his elevation. He could run a 11.5:1 or even 12:1 piston with 91 octane. If he is happy with the power, keep it. Or, see if RE would swap out for a different cam. The other option, during his next rebuild, use a 12:1 piston.

·
Premium Member
2,474 Posts
The combination of elevation, compression, fuel, and that intake. The bigger billet throttle bodies are usually sold with a purpose built fci.

·
Registered
323 Posts
A 5050 cam would bump up the torque with the pump gas piston. That largest Web cam works great with 14-1 piston and use 110 or C12 fuel.

·
10,800 Posts
A 5050 cam would bump up the torque with the pump gas piston. That largest Web cam works great with 14-1 piston and use 110 or C12 fuel.
That's the problem. To big of a cam with a low compression piston. A mismatch of parts doesn't work well. I'm surprised RE would recommend that..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts