Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fellow Raptorians,
This is my first post so bare with me. I just bought a Vitos 720 kit for my 04 660. I have talked to a couple shops around here and it does not look like I will spend less than 500 for the install. I was trying to get an honest opinion on how hard it would be to put in myself. I already have my plastics, and tank off knocking off all the dirt and just looking at the parts and my bike I just got an urge to do it myself. The kit has a new cam, piston kit of course, a new jet kit, ect. Is this out of my league? The guy who normally does all my work told me if you can change the oil you can do this build! What do you all think?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
My fellow Raptorians,
This is my first post so bare with me. I just bought a Vitos 720 kit for my 04 660. I have talked to a couple shops around here and it does not look like I will spend less than 500 for the install. I was trying to get an honest opinion on how hard it would be to put in myself. I already have my plastics, and tank off knocking off all the dirt and just looking at the parts and my bike I just got an urge to do it myself. The kit has a new cam, piston kit of course, a new jet kit, ect. Is this out of my league? The guy who normally does all my work told me if you can change the oil you can do this build! What do you all think?
Who is going to bore the cylinder out for you, or is this a stock bore kit you have...............:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I was going to take it to the shop I normally go to, to get the bore done it like 65 bucks.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
its not SUPER hard, have you ever been into your motor or even adjusted valves?

Where are you located maybe a forum member knows a cheaper shop around?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm stationed at Fort Bragg NC. I have been in a little but not in this machine another blaster i had a while back.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Buy a flywheel puller and a Clymer Manual and tear into it. If you think you can do it then you more then likely can. Its just alot of bolts lol. Clean the engine real good before you start tearing it down and it will help you out alot. Make some templates so you can keep the bolts organized. Then with the money you save send you head for a port and polish if you want to make the stroker come alive. Look on the forum for any part that you might have problems with. The crank can be pushed out with two bolt and freeze you crank and a heat gun is supposed to make it drop right in. That to me is the worst part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts