Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting into drag racing and i was wondering if the rocket factory 804 kit would be a good choice. I live in PA and we race in the dirt, 500 ft. I was wondering if maybe you had somebody that already had the 804 kit put into their 700, if they ran a 500 foot drag, if you had their estimated time and top speed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i have the 770 kit from rf which is one below the 804 package. its ridiculouisly fast

·
Registered
63 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
the man has a 770 raptor and you ask if he's good at drag racing. :eek: :lol: 8)
well see anyone who has the money can go out and put this kit in there bike and totally suck at drag racing, if you have the skill and enough experience then your good. just wanted to point that out. but to answer your question patton700r, yes i do very good in drag racing, its not even funny sometimes what i beat.let me just say that the stock compression on a 700 is 9.2 and with this kit it is like 14. something. its ridiculous and pulls very hard. and since i weigh 130, its flys.

·
Registered
153 Posts
let me just say that the stock compression on a 700 is 11.1 and with this kit it is like 14. something. its ridiculous and pulls very hard. and since i weigh 130, its flys.
:3question: Here is a quote from yamaha website on the stock engine. Compression being 9.2:1

I would also question the 804 being above 14.. I cant seem to find anything to support it one way or the other.

nice ride though
Engine
Type 686cc, liquid-cooled, SOHC 4-stroke single w/fan, 4-valve

Bore x Stroke 102mm x 84mm

Compression Ratio 9.2:1

Carburetion Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) , 44mm

Ignition 16-Bit ECU

Starting System Electric

Transmission 5-Speed manual clutch w/reverse

Drive Train 2WD; sealed o-ring chain, eccentric adjustment

·
Registered
661 Posts
gotta agree with the 9.2 to 1 on the stocker. but the big bore kit and the 12.5 to 1 piston then u stroke it i think his comp. ratio is about right with his motor mods.not to say they should have come from the factory with 11 to 1. and a better cam. lol :grin_nod:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Must agree with the stock comp 9.2:1 and also have hard that with the 804 strocker will bump it up to a 14.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts