Raptor Forum banner

Big boy drag strip

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Nate700 
#1 ·
So the past few days of the kids trying to figure out what they will be racing at the high school drags this year, I have decided to let my son race mine. 2002 anniversary edition Z28 with the 5.7, 6 speed. The stepson was going to race his dad's chevelle but his dad blew the rear end on Saturday up there, so he will be driving another chevelle tuned way down. Normally an 11 second car. I guess we will see what they do tomorrow. Will post pics once photobucket works better...

Reactions: Cammy and DEZPERADO
#2 ·
Make sure your insurance is paid up, lol.

Good luck to all the kids and a safe day.

#3 ·
Great day of racing. Kids went quicker than their times, so they knocked themselves out lol. My son in my Z28 went 14.80 @ 97 mph and the step son borrowed a friends 9 second car (obviously tuned down, can't run quicker than 12.0) and ended up doing 12.06 @ 114 mph. Videos are uploading on YouTube then I will post them. We will be throwing a turbo on my sons GTI for the Labor Day racing. Right now that kraut car does 15.0 flat. He is almost an LS1 killer.....sleeper car. It looks like a rolling POS.....until you race him.

Reactions: DEZPERADO
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.