Raptor Forum banner

Big Gun EVO R Dual exhaust

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  352Rider 
#1 ·
I recently got a new big gun dual exhaust, put on and ran great for a day.

next day took her for a ride and at the end of my ride there was a slight bog in 3rd gear revving at 6-7k rpms from going up a hill. quickly went back to my trailer because i knew something wasn't right. i let her idol for a few mins gave some gas and the bogging got worse to the point of stall.

I have a pc3 and i downloaded some maps that could maybe help rich my fuel/air, after a hour of going through maps and testing to see if it would help my bogging issue i can see nothing is working. BIKE IDOLS FINE WHEN NOT UNDER LOAD.

if anyone has any power command maps i could try to increase my fuel change that would be great! i do not know how to manually tune each cell on table.

i have done a lot of research saying my problem could be the TPS, have yet to check that. could be just a bad map but i have downloaded all the big gun maps on the PC website and non are helping my bog. Could also be that something is clogged This bogging problem happened out of nowhere and really need to get fixed so my girlfriend and i can go riding when she comes down.

Any help with my situation would be much appreciated. Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Update, tested the voltage on the stator wire right above the clutch case, as I started the bike I watched the volts drop as the exhaust was heating up. Eventually dropped to 0 and that’s when the bike stalled. Since this is a DUAL exhaust it’s important you move those wires over and put a heat wrap over the exhaust above the stator wire and then wrap the stator wire in heat tape or manifold tape. I’m lucky the wire is still shooting volts and isn’t fried. Could have been a $500 or more run to the dealership.

#4 ·
Yeah took some time and effort, for me a 18 year old I’m feeling quite proud of myself lol. I also loosened the manifold bolts and got a pry bar and raised the end pipes up a bit then tap welded a large nut underneath the pipe so it sits on the clutch case, now I got about a good inch of clearance away from the wire, would like more because after a ride I can feel that it is hot as hell. The 700s aren’t meant for a dual exhaust, buyer beware. Looks amazing though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.