Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread before about exhaust for the raptor 250 but my son is driving me crazy. He wants a Big Gun, HMF, or Lexx and not sure which one is better or will give him more power. The only mods to the bike are a uni filter, jet kit and slip on (???). Which slip on should he get?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
In that video of all your choices it only shows HMF. I think you should show him the Two Brothers M7 slip on for the 250. I like the way it looks and it sounds really awesome, I think he would like it too. Otherwise, all those pipes you mentioned are pretty good, my preference would be 1.HMF 2.Lexx 3.Big Gun

·
Registered
635 Posts
hmf obviously will cost the most but u get what u pay for. i believe the PREFORMANCE slip-on retails at $240??? i found a bran new white HMF PREFORMANCE slip-on on Ebay for $200 with free shipping.

the lexx doesnt cost much but idk what ur budget is either, just look around

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you get an HMF, you should really get the competition series. Don't go for the cheaper performance model. Although there is nothing wrong with the performance model, for the small extra amount, the competition series is definitely worth it..

I think that if I were able to get an exhaust on my Raptor, I would get the GYTR header with the Lexx slip on.. Cheap, yet affective

·
Registered
836 Posts
It is performance.. HMF does not make a "sport" exhaust..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just put the Lexx on my sons quad last night.Great quality & sound.Easy to install.I did take it up the street after it was on and i will say i think it woke the quad up a bit. next i have the gytr jet kit to install.All the reviews were great on lexx and the price is great.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have the HMF on my 660. Lots of punch with a jet kit. Have the Lexx on my 700. Best pipe for the money. That really is your choice other than the Lexx was easier to service!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just put the Lexx on my sons quad last night.Great quality & sound.Easy to install.I did take it up the street after it was on and i will say i think it woke the quad up a bit. next i have the gytr jet kit to install.All the reviews were great on lexx and the price is great.
Slip ons arent really going to do anything for "waking up" a quad, however, they do make it sound good and for 250s, when performance isnt too big of an issue, they are perfectly fine. I see you said you need to install that jet kit... I wouldnt ride it anymore without the kit installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thats funny everything i read says slight h.p. gain. 3-4h.p.?All reviews were great.I have slip on exhaust on my crf250r and i can tell you for sure the response is way better as is the overall performance.Less restriction?There must be a lot of stupid people out there buying slip on exhaust that dont do anything.Guess im one of them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
very pleased with the HMF sport I put on my wifes, both sound and power. btw its a slip-on.

But, I don't have anything to compare to, other than the stock exh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts