Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2005 350 Raptor last week. It has been jetted and the baffle is taken out of the exhaust. I was just wanting to know if the Big Gun Rev Limiter Box would help out with power gains any. I will be 16 next year and am going to be needing money for a truck so I really dont want to buy an exhaust so I was looking for something a little cheaper to improve my power gains. And if you guys know of anything else that is cheap that will help, please tell me, it will be aprreciated. Thanks!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
You wont feel the difference.................

·
Registered
79 Posts
you could get a k&n intake for cheap, if you want to spend a little $$ then a hmf slip on but a rev box is usless, you won't feel any difference at all

·
Registered
836 Posts
you don't need to get a full exhaust with the 350, the stock header is really good! (from what i've heard on this forum..) You can get slip ons pretty cheap, and it will definitely make a noticeable difference in performance. As for the rev limiter, it's a waste.. The 350 doesn't have a rev limiter (not sure why Yamaha did that) but buying an aftermarket CDI is going to do absolutely nothing for you..

·
Registered
836 Posts
getting an air filter mounting kit with a k&n, removing the lid, and rejecting the carb would make a huge difference in performance for about the same price as a CDI

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Yup, stock header flows plenty for these motors. I noticed a big power increase when I removed the airbox lid, and ran a straight pipe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By straight pipe you mean the baffle taken out or getting a new slip-on?

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
Spend the money on things that WILL make a difference - an aftermarket CDI won't unless you've built the engine to the point that peak power has raised significantly in RPM... and you haven't.

Open the exhaust and the intake and re-jet to match - this you WILL notice.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Spend the money on things that WILL make a difference - an aftermarket CDI won't unless you've built the engine to the point that peak power has raised significantly in RPM... and you haven't.

Open the exhaust and the intake and re-jet to match - this you WILL notice.
Actually on our 93 Warrior, the CDI did help the performance noticably, and even more after all the work we did to it....................:)
But whether it was worth the money, that is a good question..............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts