Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i have messed up now. I broke the corner off the valve cover. Bolt hole and all. I know it is a match set with head,but i have a lot of money in this head. What to do? Is a new ead and cover my best way to go , and just start over with porting , valves, springs, ect. Is there a way to salvage my head? Please help!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Should buff out. Sorry bad time for a joke, that sucks man, hope someone can help you out on that one.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am guessing it was not seated good and when i ran the corner bolt up it snaped. It really ruined my day. Dont have pics yet. Any advice. Maybe i can get it welded.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Help

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
I just happen to be a welder...professionally....
Well that's nice... but do you have a 'professional' opinion as to the OP's problem?

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Well that's nice... but do you have a 'professional' opinion as to the OP's problem?
Same as Willykillers I'm sure...............just weld the f**ker up.
Aint nothing so broke it can't be fixed, all depends on how badly you want to fix it.

If you can post a picture cwbugycody, it will help us to pass comment, but the best thing you can do is find a good welder/engineer locally who can weld it up (& re-machine the surface flat for you if needed)
If done right, minimal machining will be required, but bolt holes may need to be re-drilled etc.

·
Registered
167 Posts
When I had a new crank put in my 660 the guy put the wrong bolts in the jug and when it stripped the short bolt in the long hole it broke off the tab that the front bolt beside the timing chain goes to. I had the tab tig welded back on and took a file and and made it level worked great after that I did have to drill and helicoil the hole because of the weld but it was fine untill it was stolen.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pics

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Weld it............
After taking a closer look i believe it can be welded. We have a few welders in my small ass town, but none i trust with my valve cover. I will need to locate a reliable shop to have it done right ? Anybody have any ideas on who to use , and how to get a hold of them.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
After taking a closer look i believe it can be welded. We have a few welders in my small ass town, but none i trust with my valve cover. I will need to locate a reliable shop to have it done right ? Anybody have any ideas on who to use , and how to get a hold of them.
Yep, send it here............

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks willy. Ill get it headed your way tomarrow. Your a life saver.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts