Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Anyone fitted bigger /brakes to their 700,for a bike engined quad for a fast road only . I have looked over the net and can't find much if anything

Anyone help

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm unaware of any brake upgrades for the raptor. I threw a set of $100 pads in the front and that helped a lot, with a good bleed job and good fluid. If you want to get radical, you can experiment with different size master cylinders to suit your needs

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
You can change to steel braided lines, change out the rotors and pads. Those are the easiest things. There are brembo kits available for the rear. You may be able to fit brembo calipers on the front; may require custom spindles.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Anyone has any input on this? I know the old YFZ450 calipers bolt into the raptor, but i don't see anyone selling any actual bigger/better calipers for it.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,494 Posts
Anyone has any input on this? I know the old YFZ450 calipers bolt into the raptor, but i don't see anyone selling any actual bigger/better calipers for it.
A rear Brembo brake kit is available from Cuervo Racing.

I'm not aware of anything for the front. HOWEVER, if you are very talented there is a fix. Look where the caliper rides on the rotor. It is about 1/4in from the outer edge. With a move in the caliper position to this edge it would be the same as installing bigger rotor kits. This can be accomplished in different ways. Fabricate different mounting plates or drill out the mounting holes and install offset bushings.

Another idea is to change the size of the master cylinders. It's been a long time since I've played with hydraulics, but IIRC, if you decrease the size of the master it increases the pressure to the wheel cylinders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts