Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been talk to HDD and looking around here about going to a bigger throttle body and I'm still a little confused. I know the bigger opening will make more power but then I was hearing that it can have a little bit of a lag. I ride trails and some hill climbs so I think the throttle response should be very quick for me. The build I plan on doing is the 11.5 piston, hc3, and porting. I'm upgrading my HMF to force 4s pretty soon. What do you guys think? Thanks

·
Dr Dune
208 Posts
You won't have any lag with the +3. I wouldn't recommend the 54mm for the type of riding you do, but the +3 should show benefits across the board.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the +3mm TB also and have had no problems......I didnt notice any lag on the bottom or loss of throttle response. Some say that they have....What type of intake do you run? Definitely nothing bigger you wont have the motor for it!

With the build you are talking about it should have like 60-65hp but I am sure a builder will chime in.:D

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a pro design with a amsoil filter. I can't use a k&n filter where I ride the coal dust goes right though so the fci is out.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
A +3 is a mild but beneficial modification...I don't see in any case where a +3 would be too big. You shouldn't notice any lag but you should notice a stronger pull, especially paired with some motor modifications.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thats good to know.

·
Registered
361 Posts
When swapping to a +3 is it necessary to get the fuel controller re mapped? Im sure for optimal gains it would be, but just to run?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.