Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just got a bike a few hours ago, and his bike wont start unless its in neutral regardless if ur holding down the clutch or not. that gonna be a pain when we go ride! it`s missing some thing in the parking brake handle assembly? is this comman? has it happened to any one???

·
Registered
364 Posts
adjust the clutch cable....first at the hand then down next to your right foot...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
There's also a switch in the clutch perch to let the motor start in gear with the clutch in. Can't offer more than that since mine's missing, but he may want to leave it this way, the one way's last longer if you start in neutral.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Theres a switch connector that looks exactly like your parking swith connector. If that' unplugged it won't allow the engine to start unless in neutral

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Spaz_22 said:
Theres a switch connector that looks exactly like your parking swith connector. If that' unplugged it won't allow the engine to start unless in neutral
Whats everyone talking about this parking break sensor? Mine didnt have one, was it later years that they did away with it? There are absolutly zero wires that come from or connect the parking break to anything. Just the perch piece and the brake line. Nothing else on mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Teraflx said:
Spaz_22 said:
Whats everyone talking about this parking break sensor? Mine didnt have one, was it later years that they did away with it? There are absolutly zero wires that come from or connect the parking break to anything. Just the perch piece and the brake line. Nothing else on mine.
What year is your Raptor? you see mine is a 2005 and I had some type of sensor on the parking brake. When I removed my parking brake I just left the wire under the front grill. I will have to see where the wire goes and remove it someday, but for now the bike runs great.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Mad Fox said:
Teraflx said:
What year is your Raptor? you see mine is a 2005 and I had some type of sensor on the parking brake. When I removed my parking brake I just left the wire under the front grill. I will have to see where the wire goes and remove it someday, but for now the bike runs great.

Someone must have already removed mine then cause when I took mine off there wasnt any wires at all. Mine's an 05 too.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Utilize that parking brake wire, put a switch on it and hide it under your frame, turn it off while riding and on when sitting or parked. if someone ever hotwires or tries to steal your bike it won't let them go over 1500rpm (or what ever the cut-off is). Even if someone steals it they'll think it is a reverse limiter ect, might find out what it is eventually , but why not make it a pain in the @ss for'em.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
rt said:
Utilize that parking brake wire, put a switch on it and hide it under your frame, turn it off while riding and on when sitting or parked. if someone ever hotwires or tries to steal your bike it won't let them go over 1500rpm (or what ever the cut-off is). Even if someone steals it they'll think it is a reverse limiter ect, might find out what it is eventually , but why not make it a pain in the @ss for'em.
:thumbsup:

I looked at the '05 clutch lever assembly, it's different than the 01-04, only one switch shown, not two like the early models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have on '01 that has had the parking brake removed. All lines and everything. Mine will only start in neutral as well. It's a real pain. I'd like to fix it if possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts