Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to getting all my parts put on!! Any ideas on what the HP/Tq numbers are going to be?? I am very curious as to what they are going to be!

Any guesses??

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well turns out he just called and said his dyno is having problems picking up the motor. He thinks its because of the Dynatek ignition. Anybody ever heard of this problem?

This is a fresh rebuild too by the way...around an hour on the rebuild. He is saying I need to break it in further to get true readings.

·
Registered
276 Posts
What do you mean picking it up. My bike dynoed 59 with same set up with with the pc3.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He said that he could not get an RPM reading from the bike. He was getting an A/F ratio but no RPM readings.

What do you mean picking it up. My bike dynoed 59 with same set up with with the pc3.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I got a dynotek it's been on 3 different dyno's and never had a problem. You just hook that wire to plug wire and it should read it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sell the dynotek and the pcv and get the new pcv where it is all together. Less worrys, less wires. Msd also carrys one but it doesn't have the auto tune. That dynotek should have a spot for a tach to go. Idk of your dyno guy can tap into that.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
What is your elevation? If your anywhere near 3000 to 5000ft i will have to guess 47hp.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is your elevation? If your anywhere near 3000 to 5000ft i will have to guess 47hp.
No where even close to that...almost sea level actually. And 47 really? The bike stock is 45hp haha.

pull it off the plug and set it to 360
I will tell him this and see what he says. This guys really seems to know his stuff but rarely deals with raptors...he's more of a Can-Am guy.

Sell the dynotek and the pcv and get the new pcv where it is all together. Less worrys, less wires. Msd also carrys one but it doesn't have the auto tune. That dynotek should have a spot for a tach to go. Idk of your dyno guy can tap into that.
Not interested in this at this time..to much hassle when I already have everything I need.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yamaha claims right around 40hp and thats crank hp. But i guess that topic is pretty debatable. With differant dyno's and elevations. My buddies dynoed @ about 52hp and that was with a 727 bore and 13:1 cp piston, other then those 2 things he is pretty much has the same upgrades as you. I'm not sure how much elevation changes things, but at sea level my guess would be 53 to 58hp. I have seen a lot of differant machines dynoed at the place that dyno tuned mine, but thats right at around 4800ft.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Yamaha claims right around 40hp and thats crank hp. But i guess that topic is pretty debatable. With differant dyno's and elevations. My buddies dynoed @ about 52hp and that was with a 727 bore and 13:1 cp piston, other then those 2 things he is pretty much has the same upgrades as you. I'm not sure how much elevation changes things, but at sea level my guess would be 53 to 58hp. I have seen a lot of differant machines dynoed at the place that dyno tuned mine, but thats right at around 4800ft.
Actually that 40hp is RWHP, not crank. And many believe that it's actually more like 42hp stock. Different dynos will give different numbers and what you really should be interested in is the difference between an initial run and the run after you've done some modifications or tuning assuming both were on the same dyno.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks for the correction. For some reason i was sure that was crank hp. So I would have to assume that stock hp is right around 40 to 42. Should be real close anyway.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And if I do get rid of my PC5 I will be going with a doebeck style controller to get more accurate fuel maps.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Dobeck is not more acurate than a PCV or MSD. With you being in MO i am assuming you are using Jeff Ross to dyno your bike?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyway back on topic...I asked him if he used the plug wire to get the RPM readings and he said he tried that and got nothing. He had a bike on it right before mine and it read out just fine.

Could the dynatek ignition be wired wrong? Just seems odd that other peoples bike with the exact same mods read out fine and this one does not...hmmm.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts