Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what my bike looks like right now, I am waiting on the chome shop and powder coater to swap all my stuff to my other frame then I am going to sell this one.

I am glad I started this this past week because with 3" of sleet on the ground there isn't much else to do.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
What color you going with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
White on frame, chrome on subframe and upper a-arms and wrikle black on lower a-arms and swing arm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,568 Posts
sweet, post some pics when its done :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got my poweder coating and chrome stuff back today and it all turned out really good, the white is nice and bright and the chrome turned out super smooth. I have only 1 problem-I for got to cover up the threads that hold the bearing in for the steering and now I have a little powder coating to get out of the threads but all in all it turned out great and I have less than $250 in both chrome and powder coating.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
looks good cant wait to see the final out come

is there any way u can take a pic of your exhaust from the back

i want to see how different it is from mine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
where did you get the powder coating done and where are they located?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
looking forward to ceeing it complete. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
Looking great man. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Wow...looks really nice....I just got the motor out of mine and have a few more things to remove from the frame before I take it down to get it powder coated. Do you have any advice or anything you would have done different to yours before taking it to get coated? I also have a bare frame I am probably going to do at the same time as soon as I receive the sub-frame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gotsnodooks said:
Wow...looks really nice....I just got the motor out of mine and have a few more things to remove from the frame before I take it down to get it powder coated. Do you have any advice or anything you would have done different to yours before taking it to get coated? I also have a bare frame I am probably going to do at the same time as soon as I receive the sub-frame.
I would make sure you cut all the extra brackets off you want off before you get it powder coated and be very carefull putting the motor back in, I used a towel on the bottom of the frame and red shop towels on the top tubes when sliding/wrestling the motor back in. Other than that I had no issues. The only thing that I had scratch/mess up when reassembling was the a-arms with the billet spacers kept popping out and I nicked the powder coating in a spot up there, they are under a lot of tension.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
GRANCUDA said:
gotsnodooks said:
Wow...looks really nice....I just got the motor out of mine and have a few more things to remove from the frame before I take it down to get it powder coated. Do you have any advice or anything you would have done different to yours before taking it to get coated? I also have a bare frame I am probably going to do at the same time as soon as I receive the sub-frame.
I would make sure you cut all the extra brackets off you want off before you get it powder coated and be very carefull putting the motor back in, I used a towel on the bottom of the frame and red shop towels on the top tubes when sliding/wrestling the motor back in. Other than that I had no issues. The only thing that I had scratch/mess up when reassembling was the a-arms with the billet spacers kept popping out and I nicked the powder coating in a spot up there, they are under a lot of tension.
Hmmm....I wouldn't have thought about taking any brackets off of it. I'm guessing you removed some of the cable routing brackets and hangers that are on the frame? Also...thanks for mentioning the towel to cover the frame while putting in the motor....somehting obvious like that I would have probably overlooked and not thought of. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gotsnodooks said:
GRANCUDA said:
gotsnodooks said:
Wow...looks really nice....I just got the motor out of mine and have a few more things to remove from the frame before I take it down to get it powder coated. Do you have any advice or anything you would have done different to yours before taking it to get coated? I also have a bare frame I am probably going to do at the same time as soon as I receive the sub-frame.
I would make sure you cut all the extra brackets off you want off before you get it powder coated and be very carefull putting the motor back in, I used a towel on the bottom of the frame and red shop towels on the top tubes when sliding/wrestling the motor back in. Other than that I had no issues. The only thing that I had scratch/mess up when reassembling was the a-arms with the billet spacers kept popping out and I nicked the powder coating in a spot up there, they are under a lot of tension.
Hmmm....I wouldn't have thought about taking any brackets off of it. I'm guessing you removed some of the cable routing brackets and hangers that are on the frame? Also...thanks for mentioning the towel to cover the frame while putting in the motor....somehting obvious like that I would have probably overlooked and not thought of. :thumbsup:
One other thing, make sure you tape up your stud coming out for your rear brake lever. I had to sand it all off and that took some time to do. Have you taken the steering bearing out of the bottom yet? I used a big bolt & nut to fit the hex to get it out then hammered it out.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top