Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done installing my new X-Bars with the mount for my vapor and my billet gas cap wont work. It hits where the key mounts to the Trail Tech bracket. Anyone running a Billet Gas cap with theres that will clear the key. Thanks

·
Registered
779 Posts
that sucks

glad you posted, I was thinking about doing the same mods in the latter part of summer, hope you find a solution

·
Registered
689 Posts
I had the same problem. I just cut the tab off for the key and relocated the key. Even if it didn't hit I did not like the fact that you can see the bottom of the key and wire.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just put one on today (just the clamp and some Tag T2 Fat Bars). I looked at it for a while and decided to put the key up on the front of the bars. I don't plan on running a Vapor, so it worked pretty well for me. It blends in with the other wires/cables coming off the bars.

Obviously this won't help if you plan on using the computer or their bar mounted lights, but I don't so I'm liking how mine is set up now.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Not to put a damper on your installation skills , but i think you mounted the bottom part of the bar adaptor in reverse. The key isnt suppose to be close to you. It should be in front of the hadle bars.

I almost did the same thing, except i dindt have enough slack on the ignition wires so it made me think about which way the key was facing originally.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TimelessR1 said:
Not to put a damper on your installation skills , but i think you mounted the bottom part of the bar adaptor in reverse. The key isnt suppose to be close to you. It should be in front of the hadle bars.

I almost did the same thing, except i dindt have enough slack on the ignition wires so it made me think about which way the key was facing originally.
The bottom piece comes all assembled if you turn it around it wont work, not sure exactly what you mean. Here is there pic

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maddog56 said:
Would this do the job? Maybe lift the bracket above the level of the cap? Might still have a tough time getting it on and off though.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/pro...&vehicleType=&pageLinkUri=&prodFamilyId=12976
It might but the dash already has a raise on it so that would bring it off the stem pretty far and I like the height of the bars. I can get the gas cap on and off by turning the bars to the side but it rubs when you square it up. Im going to see about shaving it down a little and see if it will clear.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have the X-Bar adaptor also but without the computer holder. But when you look at the stock raptor, the key hole is in front of the handle bars. I guess since the computer is suppose to go in front now, they had to move the key closer to the rider.

Well I gues you can just relocate the key to the reverse knob, and relocate the reverse knob to the handle bars and then cut off the key tab.

·
Registered
226 Posts
which computer is better than the other? Trail Tech Endurance or the Trail Tech Vapor ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Trail Tech doesn't seem to have all their stuff together. It took me three times to get the right parts I ordered. Their own literature states that on the Raptor and a Vapor computer, " there is no key provisions. You must relocate key." They sent me the same billet clamp with key provisions. If you call and get a tech guy he will apologize, then tell you to turn over the clamp and remove the 3mm inverted hex bolts, remove the key tab, then reinstall the bolts. Then you have a billet clamp for the vapor as it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
226 Posts
well...
Is there any other brands of computers out there that i dont know of? I like the set up of the raptor handle bar clamps and the trail tech computer. But i want a setup that is easy to instal not a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blueyamaha said:
well...
Is there any other brands of computers out there that i dont know of? I like the set up of the raptor handle bar clamps and the trail tech computer. But i want a setup that is easy to instal not a pain in the ass.
It was a easy install its just my billet gas cap is about 1 inch bigger around than the stock gas cap so it hits. It works fine with the stock cap. I just need to find a billet cap that is the same diameter as the stock cap.

Anyone have the Moose one Rocky Mountain sells? Curious if its bigger than the stock one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
blueyamaha said:
well...
Not really.. Its not bad to install.. and if you do the DR. D reverse re-locator with it, its a very nice setup.. Nice to have reverse right by your thumb anyways.. just unscrew the key, re-route to reverse location and you are good to go.. takes a little time, but i wouldnt call it "hard to install"

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ok sounds good thanks alot!!! That helped!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.