21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
I missed the PM can some one send it to me I am intrested as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hey I got the PM. Can everyone please call by Wed. if you are in. I can not wait until Friday to have these shipped.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ok thats 2 ... all we really need is 6 more. More is better though. So 6 more to call and pay by wed. and Im in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Stock 700 Raptor
lift duration
in. 386 237
ex. 347 235

Billet Webcams Stage 1
lift duration
In. 383 280
Ex. 362 278

Megacycle x1
lift duration
in. 420 246
ex. 385 244

Hot cams stage 1

in. 378 253.5
ex. 339 243

Hoy cams stage 2
in. 405 253.5
ex. 339 243

·
Registered
98 Posts
Please advise us.

What is the best cam of the top ones. Specs help but dyno results prove. Some cams take from the bottom and ads to the top. But some take too much and give too little. I like the Hotcams. Seen the stage 3 of 660 compared to X14 and the hotcams was way better.

The sleeve must be honed. Can cast steel be nikasil plated?

Please pm me the prices.
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
More I look the harder it is to choose. Had my mind set on the web cam billets, but I may go with the Megacycle.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I say go with the mega for more bottum end. I think the web will give more mid-top. The reason I choose web is because I wil have enough bottum end with my set up.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here's some advice from experiences I have had with the raptors. First none of the cams on the market today will come close to the x14 cam that is for the 660 raptor.

I wouldn't worry to much about loosing bottom end. Most people don't realize that by putting a bigger cam in while installing a higher compression piston that you will actually have more bottom end power than you did stock. You would need to get a very radical cam to notice any loose in bottom end power. Even then it is still very rideable. Personally I like big cams because the raptors have so much low end power and lack on the top end, and big cams help reverse this.

Most of the time the deciding factor for a cam is whether you want to run HD valve springs. Some people want a simple drop in cam, and others want more power and decided that the valve spring upgrade is worth it. If you don't want to mess with the springs stick with the stage 1 web, x1 megacycle, or the stage I or II Hot Cam. If you want a little bit more you can get the stage II or III web, or even jump to the x2 megacycle (which all require valve springs).

·
Registered
194 Posts
how much diff does a cam and 11-1 piston make?are we talking a 2 quad lead or way better mid range?i notice there are no map on power commander website ,so i take it you add the parts and dont need extra fuel,just better grade of fuel?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I hear the web cam billets are not out yet. They have not been shipped out to the vendors. Rockey factory had a post for sale on them like since like 3 weeks ago. Web doesnt have a set release date on them, And if they are ordered in this group buy when are they going to be shipped? Can any one confirm any of this? Thanks JIm.

Also the specs have only been posted for the web cam stage one. About about the 2 and 3? I would like to see those. And does the web stage 3 require any other mods to the valvetrain besides the springs and retainers?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm interested.......send me a price! Has everyone decided on a cam, or is it up to the individual? Like many (most?), I want reliable pump gas performance without major headwork. Springs and keepers OK, but I don't want to get into the valve guide work. On a side note, what cylinder prep is required to swap the piston and what can be expected from these additional mods (above the base 3 mod)?Thanks in advance for your time.........

·
Registered
332 Posts
I agree with tejas58, looking for the same cam, most reliability, without head work and valve. Just stage 1 or 2 cam and piston 11:1 for pump gas :thumbsup:

·
Registered
332 Posts
One stupid question(maybe), when you are talking about pump gas how much octane do you mean? Standar gas in Greece is 97 and super 99 or 100. I'm asking because if i 'll use super maybe i can buy higher compression piston, like 12:1, because you talk about 11:1 for pump gas. How much octane do you have? With 99 octane what's the highest piston i can use?
thanks.... :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts