Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm very fustrated with a Billetanium Hydraulic Clutch for my 2006 Raptor 700.

I can't adjust the slave cylinder to properly disengage the clutch.
To fully operate the clutch, Slave cylinder should retract its axis completely, (this is about 1/2" )
BUT, and this is my problem, with the Master cylinder pump pushed 100% (using a philips Screwdriver directly on the master cylinder piston) the slave cylinder axis just move half of this way (about 1/4") so it's not enough for declutch.

If I pump the master cylinder 2 or 3 times, then the slave cylinder retracts all its way back. But it suposed to do that just with just one!

It's like the master cylinder is too small and has not enough oil flow to move the slave cylinder...

I bleeded the line until no more air, just fluid get out from the slave cylinder bleeding nipple. I did it many times, just to be sure.

I don't know what to do next I'm exasperated.

What could be the problem?

I need help :(

p.d Greetings from Spain and , please, forgive my bad English :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
If it will pump up with a couple pumps then it still has air in the line that is compressing after it is pumped the first time.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
look close at the way you have the line routed make sure it is a gradual incline from top to bottom if you have a hump in it it will trap air in the hump and when you try to bleed it the air will just go back and forth in the hump and not pump to the end.

·
Registered
49 Posts
you can buy a tool that will suck the fluid through the system to help bleed, gets rid of those trapped bubbles.

ive only used it on automotive application though

pump attaches to nipple by the way of a piece of airline tube or something like that, creates a vacuum in this tube when pumped, loosen nipple same as you would when bleeding, the vacuum sucks fluid through the system.

http://www.princessauto.com/workshop/hand-tools/automotive-tools/auto-repair/8050832-vacuum-pump-brake-bleeder-kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts