Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday to Saturday in Glamis was perfect! We beat the New Years crowd and had the dunes to ourselves. The wind blew early A.M. and cleaned up the sand. Friday at sunset there were only 5 other people at Oldsmobile not including our group. We are planning another trip for the same time next year. If you want a break from the crowds, feel free to join us.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
headingnorth said:
Thursday to Saturday in Glamis was perfect! We beat the New Years crowd and had the dunes to ourselves. The wind blew early A.M. and cleaned up the sand. Friday at sunset there were only 5 other people at Oldsmobile not including our group. We are planning another trip for the same time next year. If you want a break from the crowds, feel free to join us.
I'm jealous, the freezing rain just started here.. :(

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was 71 degrees with no wind as we packed up camp. Shorts and T's were the dress code yesterday.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
headingnorth said:
It was 71 degrees with no wind as we packed up camp. Shorts and T's were the dress code yesterday.
We've been hanging in the upper 40's to low 50's, which is pretty rare for upstate New York in December......I even spent the last two days on the ZX12R !! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
494 Posts
My girlfriend and I stopped by Glamis to buy a season pass on saturday, then we went down wash road to Wash 4 just to take a look. I could not believe how empty it was. It was a little breezy, but not too bad.

Ill be there this weekend.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We were at wash 10 and never had anyone camp close enough to hear them talking. I had planned on taking a bunch more pics but was too busy having fun to pull the camera out. Smooth dunes as fast and far as you wanted. We played in Devils Bowl on Sunday and only had two other riders stop by in the hour we were there.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a little dissapointed with the number of pics I took. I had figured on at least 150 or more. I was having so much fun, I rarely had time to pull the camera out. I only took 19. We are going on jan. 12 through the 15th and I promise to get good pics.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
headingnorth said:
I'm a little dissapointed with the number of pics I took. I had figured on at least 150 or more. I was having so much fun, I rarely had time to pull the camera out. I only took 19. We are going on jan. 12 through the 15th and I promise to get good pics.
that always happens to me, want to take tons of pics but it's hard to find time when your riding, who wants to keep stopping all the time, i can't wait to get a helmet cam. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I will also be there Jan. 12th through the 15th, 14th i'll be 21

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.