+2 g-force axle hubs
gtt thunder link
yfz450 shocks
stock rear
shocks all reworked by josh
front tires sand star 22x8x10 douglas .190 3+2
rear haulers 22x11x10 douglas .190 3+5

The bike still seem crazy tippy
whenever I try to do a 180(usually at the top of a hill) the bike digs and I almost get thrown off, or I flip

even if i put by butt all the way off the seat and all my weight on the inside.

caster is about 3 degrees
toe in is about 1/2 inch
camber is I think 4 degrees

it is usually the front that digs.

would changing my camber to 1-2 help?
do I just suck at turning?
any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
ZPS shock setup, smaller diameter tires, longer swingarm, or get a 450. Less paddles may help as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o yeah at +4 swingarm

friend has a 450 and I have 4 grand into this one not including the bike. would like to keep it.

I don't like the engine of the yfz 450r stalls easily and can't engine break downhill or it dies.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Practice your turns more and its also the +4 swingarm

so if I go plus 2 will it be a noticable difference.

i don't really wanna go back to stock by bike dynoed at 67hp and it is hard to keep the front down when racing with stock

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ZPS shock setup, smaller diameter tires, longer swingarm, or get a 450. Less paddles may help as well.
if I get a 20x10x8 how much will the diameter balloon up while going up the short oregon tree shots. I don't wanna get stuck

what is zps shock set up

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
The 20s will work ok in the tree shots, but you won't have the clearance of the 22s. I ended up going with 21s since it was a good compromise between handling and traction/clearance.

ZPS is Zero Preload Suspension. Basically and additional spring on the shock that makes it sit about 1.5" lower.

I've been through the same thing you are going through. I dumped thousands into my 700 trying to make it handle more like a 450. Unfortunately it just won't happen. There are things you can do to improve the handling, but it'll never be a 450. Most of my riding buddies have 450s, so it can be frustrating sometimes trying to do the things they do.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
so if I go plus 2 will it be a noticable difference.

i don't really wanna go back to stock by bike dynoed at 67hp and it is hard to keep the front down when racing with stock
Its not the bike its you, hang your ass off the bike to counter the tip, if your turning left hang left if your turning right hang right. Like the mx guys do that should help and its free :D

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Also if your letting off the gas when you come around(180) that can also contribute, keep the throttle steady see if that helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts