Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need both.........Went to local dealer yesterday to get the cf look a like stuff from the '06 yellow and black Rappy and was quoted an outrageous price for the hood, well over 200 bones !!

I've read on here the Maier stuff does not fit for shit, what are my options ?? Did any year 700 come with a black hood and tank cover OEM ?? Fugg'in dealer had no clue, can you believe it ?? :mad:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have no problem with the way my Black Maier Hood fits, though I have heard from other people that they don't fit right. I'm 99.9% positive that other than the '06 50th Anniversary edition(Yellow), there are no factory black hoods. There was a thread a while back with someone asking where to buy aftermarket/replacement oem parts, that had a few links to online stores selling oem parts at discount prices.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
You can look up OEM part numbers, diagrams, prices, etc. on most Yamaha dealer's Web sites. I buy through www.yamahasportsplaza.com because it offers 25 percent off online orders for OEM, GYT-R and most major name brand aftermarket parts. The place is only 20 minutes away, making it a true savings for me. But even if I had to pay shipping, the online discount covers most shipping charges - especially if you are ordering the pricier GYT-R parts.

Here's a link to their site with the tank cover and hood information (the tank cover looks to cost $14.22, hood looks to be $174.86 - not sure if the discount is figured into those prices: http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

There's another Yamaha hood that looks like carbon fiber but is a shade or two grayer than the black ones on the '06 SE. It's a GYT-R part and a local speed shop was selling them last summer for 60-80 bucks. I'll swing by there and see if they still have them, and what the part number is.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Headrope said:
You can look up OEM part numbers, diagrams, prices, etc. on most Yamaha dealer's Web sites. I buy through www.yamahasportsplaza.com because it offers 25 percent off online orders for OEM, GYT-R and most major name brand aftermarket parts. The place is only 20 minutes away, making it a true savings for me. But even if I had to pay shipping, the online discount covers most shipping charges - especially if you are ordering the pricier GYT-R parts.

Here's a link to their site with the tank cover and hood information (the tank cover looks to cost $14.22, hood looks to be $174.86 - not sure if the discount is figured into those prices: http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

There's another Yamaha hood that looks like carbon fiber but is a shade or two grayer than the black ones on the '06 SE. It's a GYT-R part and a local speed shop was selling them last summer for 60-80 bucks. I'll swing by there and see if they still have them, and what the part number is.
Sweet !! My dealer gives me 20% off list, I don't believe the price they quoted me figured in my discount.......I'll check out the site you provided..Thanks.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know several others on here have painted theirs with Krylon Fusion (plastic paint). Just another option you may look at. As far as I know it's holding up well for them. My '06 has a black tank cover but I'm thinking about painting the hood black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.