Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i just bought a set of douglas 9x9 rims which are polished and i really like the finish but the problem is my 07 se has black rims, i also have a ac blackline bumper(in black), and am waiting to get my grab bar and nerfs back from the powdercoater which are also black

i cant decide if i should strip the black from my rims and polish them up or powdercoat the new ones, what would you do with this set up :3question:

personally i am leaning towards polishing my stock ones to match
the reason they have to match is one set of rears is for paddles and the other is for dirt tires

Ben

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
with that bike i would black them all out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that would be the easyst way as powdercoating is free for me well a carton to the mate who does it ha ha, and the rims dont have tires just yet

Ben

but i do like the look of polished maby i should get some front sand rims to and have a set of each

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Black...I'm excited mine are black cause my Sand Stars have black rims too.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Black... im putting black c-sports all they way around mine. I like the look of black wheels.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Black looks awesome! I have polished T9 pro's I was thinking about having powder coated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
YellowistheFastest said:
Go for a set of each!! Then down the road when you decide what you like best then change the other set or just keep one set of each! :thumbsup:
I Agree Why not Two Sets?

Robe :beer:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Do the black wheels get all trashed easily though? Just curious how good they look after a few rides.

·
Registered
963 Posts
They last a while in sand. rocks hurt

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
ChiknNutz said:
Do the black wheels get all trashed easily though? Just curious how good they look after a few rides.
I've been questioning/pondering trying Rhino Lining like they use for truck beds on my rims. :unsure:

·
Registered
963 Posts
wouldnt that add some unwanted weight

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Another vote for all black....... 8)

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Black looks cool.......but ..... if you have rocks like we do here, they will look like crap in no time. The black does chip off, and it looks bad when it does. I had a beautiful set of black rims that got trashed in no time, never again. Only if I rode sand would I buy black.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well these are just for sand so that dont really matter

looks like i will send them to the coaters, hopefully they will be a similar black to the stock ones

Ben

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i guess, well can someone with polished rims post a pic up, not the stock ones i mean polished ones :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I've been questioning/pondering trying Rhino Lining like they use for truck beds on my rims. :unsure:
I used said spray liner on my custom bumper.... It can rub off. I'm gonna have it powder coated if I have to touch it up again. I know in the bed of a truck you can't scratch it with a screw driver, maybe I mixed a bad batch? If you know where they do the "Rhino" lining I think that and "LineX" are the best. I used the cheap Auto Value shit and now it's gonna take hours to redo it....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts