Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do They Make Blackouts for the Raptor headlights?

i tried searching here and nothing came up, and being connected to the internet at 28.8k isnt fun at searching from other sites :lol:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Talljess has some red ones. I think it was in the preview before paint thread.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i coulda swore that the place he got his had black ones.....i know i seen black ones somewhere, might have only been for the z400 when i seen them, dang, makes me think cabelas.com??? i know someone sent me to that site for something, or else check ebay, and buy a can of that smoke out lens stuff, and just do that,.. i'm doing my headlights and tail lights.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Might be a dumb question but why do you want to black out your lights?

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Headrope said:
Might be a dumb question but why do you want to black out your lights?

me personally, i don't ride at night, never have that option really, and i party at night and make time for the ladies, back when i rode sled alot we rode at night...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Blacking out lights would make it darker right? Dark is the opposite of what you want when you're trying to ride at night, right?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Headrope said:
Blacking out lights would make it darker right? Dark is the opposite of what you want when you're trying to ride at night, right?

i am pretty sure your right, dark might be the opposite of what you want, i think your looking for light?. :grin_nod:
i'm not sure how much darker it makes your headlights, i know they still work, but i'm sure it take away some light....yeah i'd say if your doing a lot of night riding then forget about it, my rappy beds down for the night...

·
Registered
148 Posts
rite there wit ya on tha internet

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i saw a pic somewhere of a blue rappy with blackout (or they just tinted/smoked the lights) but it looks pretty good. and i wasnt sure if they had the removable blackouts, so durring the day you have them on and if u ride at night u just pop them off.

honestly i wont be doin any night riding till i buy a new pair of glass's i tried it the 1st night i rode the raptor, trying to keep up with 5 other atvs + night time + me losing my glass's = sucked :lol:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
A really cheep way to smoke your lights is with rc car paint. They make aspray on smoke for painting the bodies with. My brother used it on his headlights and taillights and it turned out really nice looking.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GuamRaptor700 said:
A really cheep way to smoke your lights is with rc car paint. They make aspray on smoke for painting the bodies with. My brother used it on his headlights and taillights and it turned out really nice looking.
i think thats what someone did to my trucks turn-signals, when i bought it it was already done, there not fully black just alot darker then what they were suppose to be

1 - 12 of 12 Posts