Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy lost his key to his 350. does anybody know where i can get a blank one so we can cut a new one? we can go to the local dealership but they want $40 plus $10 to cut a new one. just wanted to see if there were any other options a little cheaper. Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am so in the same boat. I just bought my Raptor last week and already lost the key with the rubber grommet. I have a spare key but I want another one with the rubber piece attached so that it seals on the ignition and keeps dirt and mud out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just went to a very small Yamaha dealership by my office (not were I purchased my bike). They charged me $5 for the blank key and $5.50 for the rubber key cap.

Key# 90890-56002-00
Key Cap# 3HN-82579-00-00

·
Registered
64 Posts
Theres some numbers on the original key you should write down. You'll need to pull back the rubber to see them. Any locksmith can cut a key with those numbers.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Any atv scrap yard will have those rubber boots! Mostly polaris DOH!!! LMAO

·
Registered
3 Posts
My local ACE hardware made me a spare for around $2... didn't have the rubber cap but i'm just useing it as a spare.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Guys, the dealer should stock both the blank keys and rubber holders. You don't have to peel the rubber back either. The key just slides in and out until the holes line up. A key is $4 and the rubber key cap is $4. And like 350SE said, a hardware store will cut it for $2. We aren't talking about a major inventment of money to get a spare Yamaha key cut with an original rubber cap.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Once you lose a key it can cost alittle more. Sure if you have a key and are just getting a copy thats 1 thing but if you have no key it alittle more involved . You need to find a dealer that has bought the key codes(some lock smiths mite have them too) and thats why it cost more. Some dealers do not buy the codes and will not beable to help ya. You could just buy a new ignition switch with keys on ebay too.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Thats a real pain! Might as well go to an atv scrap yard get an ignition and key then have another key made from it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts