Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I cant get a sled or dirt bike, I want another quad. I am looking into 2003-2006 Blasters and 1990-1992 LT's. I ride flat drags, jumps, snow, ice racing, and wheelies. Which is better for the stuff I like to do? Also, which is easier to maintain? This would be a winter project for next winter. Thanks

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I owned both a while back. The LT is faster than the Blaster like posted above. The Blaster is a good reliable bike, but keep in mind it is NOT a top end bike., they don't like to be held wide open for long .Blaster's have great low end & a desent mid. The LT is more of a track bike While the Blaster is very happy in the woods.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Since I cant get a sled or dirt bike, I want another quad. I am looking into 2003-2006 Blasters and 1990-1992 LT's. I ride flat drags, jumps, snow, ice racing, and wheelies. Which is better for the stuff I like to do? Also, which is easier to maintain? This would be a winter project for next winter. Thanks
Trx 250R more reliable than the blaster and faster than the lt 250 get the 88 and up better compression

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
If you were to find a blaster for $500 or so and install a 240 kit for $700 or so and a larger carb (not sure on the price $150?) You would have a strong runnin blaster. Might hang with some of the 250r's. Just my .02

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will never put a big-bore kit on any quad I get. It isnt good for the motor. Vito's does make that kit, it says it doubles the power. I wont be able to find a Blaster that is 2003-2006 for $500. The TRX's are so cool, just alot more expensive. I would mostly be riding the quad I get on the track, dunes, drags, and no woods.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I will never put a big-bore kit on any quad I get. It isnt good for the motor. Vito's does make that kit, it says it doubles the power. I wont be able to find a Blaster that is 2003-2006 for $500. The TRX's are so cool, just alot more expensive. I would mostly be riding the quad I get on the track, dunes, drags, and no woods.
I've seen trx250rs for 1000$ bone stock be patient and look around, if you keep the bore to 2mm they are still very reliable. A 310 kit on a 250r done by ct racing is very reliable, who does the bore is also something to consider

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would a Blaster be a good mx quad? I have been looking on Craigslist for 1-1/2 year. I really like thepowester's LT250R.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Would a Blaster be a good mx quad? I have been looking on Craigslist for 1-1/2 year. I really like thepowester's LT250R.
Only if you upgrade the motor & you already you said you dont want to BB it & the suspension will need some work. Stock Blasters are bout 17-19HP. Put a pipe , Filter, & Jet it right.Then P&P the cylinder & a few other tricks & secret's but you won't be at the power level of a good 250R, either brand
The LT or better yet TRX 250R would be a great MX quad with a little work.Blasters are a great woods bike..

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where I live, there arent any trails within 80 miles. I decided to ride in a 5 acre woods and I got going in 4th pretty good and a deer jumped out in front of me, I havent been riding in the woods since. I am pretty set on a 250 of some sort.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
That is a nice clean looking bike as far as Suzuki's go...
Best of luck to ya..Ow ya , to bad about your deer incounter. I have been ridding woods for more than 20 year's & never had a deer incounter like that, a few dog's but never a deer..

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You really think that looks better? I have looked at every 250 2-stroke quad in Michigan on Craigslist. Look at one in Northern MI, it is for sale for $3,500, it is a TRX.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Where I live, there arent any trails within 80 miles. I decided to ride in a 5 acre woods and I got going in 4th pretty good and a deer jumped out in front of me, I havent been riding in the woods since. I am pretty set on a 250 of some sort.
i was out riding and i came around a corner in 5th pinned to see 15 cows in the trail that will you religious real quick:eek:

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
You really think that looks better? I have looked at every 250 2-stroke quad in Michigan on Craigslist. Look at one in Northern MI, it is for sale for $3,500, it is a TRX.
lets see yellow and blue:puke: vs white and red? not much of a decesion for me

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You should have hit one, turn you quad on it's side, cut a steak out of it, and fry it on your exhaust. Nice and fresh. J/K

1 - 20 of 37 Posts