Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a block plate for the ais system, now my raptor is running hotter than before. Any else ran into this problem?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have a 18,19 and 20. The 19 has a block off the 18 and 20 don't . They all run the same, I wouldn't waste my money on another one. If I were you I'd just pull it off.

·
Registered
South Dakota
33 Posts
I'm about to throw mine on as I've already bought it. Was curious if you ever resolved your heat issue @Crieger or if you changed anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m going to switch back to the ais and see what happens. This issue literally started after installing plate. I did move plug wire up more away from pipe but I’ll place be in original spot after switching to ais.

·
Registered
South Dakota
33 Posts
I’m going to switch back to the ais and see what happens. This issue literally started after installing plate. I did move plug wire up more away from pipe but I’ll place be in original spot after switching to ais.
Yeah please let us know how it goes

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
It will still pop with the plate, it does nothing.
You need a tuner. It pops because its lean

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
29 Posts
Everything fuel injected is already factory lean for emmisions.
I hear that. I bet these engines would be happy with an auto tune. Something with an o2 sensor. I wonder if the block off plate changes the a/f ratio.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have a tuner on all my bikes and have adjusted them every which way and all three pop sometimes when hard on the gas, off for a second or two and then back hard on the throttle no matter how fat you make them. I can tune out the popping on decel no problem Have never had the same problem with the dual exhaust port bikes. The single port heads pop all stock you just don't really hear it because they are so restricted.

I ran my 18 so rich trying to stop it, it was turning my sixpack rack black where the exhaust hits it. I've wondered if Yami has them set up to spark under these conditions when the exhaust valve is open to help burn unused fuel in the exhaust because this is the only time they pop I can't tune out.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I hear that. I bet these engines would be happy with an auto tune. Something with an o2 sensor. I wonder if the block off plate changes the a/f ratio.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
No
The air is being pumped into the exhaust, not the combustion chamber, so it does not/cannot effect the air/fuel ratio.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No
The air is being pumped into the exhaust, not the combustion chamber, so it does not/cannot effect the air/fuel ratio.
Ok gotcha. I do wonder if that then inturn affects exhaust velocity. Sounds like the popping a guy will get if he removes a catalytic converter😏. I know nothing about that 😆

1 - 20 of 22 Posts